Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

"Ed Force One" TF-AAK at Cardiff - added departure shots

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
welshdan1927

"Ed Force One" TF-AAK at Cardiff - added departure shots

Post by welshdan1927 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:26 am

Evening all, late one tonight, Air Atlanta Icelandic B747-4 popped into the local. Went to catch it.

Bit special.

Image"Ed Force One" Air Atlanta Icelandic Boeing 747-428 TF-AAK by Dan Williams, on Flickr

Image"Ed Force One" Air Atlanta Icelandic Boeing 747-428 TF-AAK by Dan Williams, on Flickr

Thanks for looking. Was VERY busy down there (amazingly), and very muddy, so my tripod was mildly inneffectual. That's just me making terrible excuses for not taking the time and care that's required for night photography mind. And for a first real attempt at photographing aircraft in the dark I'm quite happy with them!
Last edited by welshdan1927 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mach one
POTM winner

Re: "Ed Force One" TF-AAK at Cardiff

Post by mach one » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:02 am

I would say they are very special, it was well worth the trip to see and you caught it well shots are very good

ed force one has grown from a 757 into a 747 is bruce still flying it ?

not sure i like the tail art on this one think i prefered the old tail art

andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by andygolfer » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:38 am

superb scheme and captured by superb photos - thanks for making the effort through the mud so that you could share them with us.

I hope I get to see it somewhere but somehow I doubt I will as all the tours venues seem to be foreign apart from Donington (I suppose I could try to make that but I expect the surrounding area will be quite busy.

thanks again
Andy
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

Lowfly11

Post by Lowfly11 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:50 am

Cracking and excellent set of shots :Wow: :Wow: :thumb: .Regards Tim

welshdan1927

Post by welshdan1927 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:09 am

Cheers guys... feeling it now ahead of an 8 hour shift (in bloody half term!)

Andy, it may casually rock up at Stansted at some point. Set to do so. Keep an eye out!

Wherever she goes it'll be busy, I couldn't believe the amount of people there last night, the end of 30 was packed, flying club car park packed and the roundabout by stand 6 became a car park and the fence was totally lined with people. The "Ed" effect.

Bruce wasn't flying her last night, rumour suggests he may be taking it up today for a practise, so keep an eye out if you're south-West based. Leaves for Fort Lauderdalewith kit and band on Friday.

talldan76
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by talldan76 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:19 am

Great set of images...

For some reason I'm drawn towards the head on shot - kind of a behemoth emerging from the dark!!

andygolfer wrote: I hope I get to see it somewhere but somehow I doubt I will as all the tours venues seem to be foreign apart from Donington (I suppose I could try to make that but I expect the surrounding area will be quite busy.
Andy
Andy, there is a rumour that it will be coming in to Stansted towards the end of May - I'm sure I saw a post last night saying that (but can't find it now).

Dan

SeanW

Post by SeanW » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:58 pm

I would say that it will be in Stansted more often than you think while the World tour is in Europe as two of the band members live in within 5 miles of the airport around Bishop Stortford. i believe many of the Bands road crew members still live around Harlow and Chelmsford as well. :clap:

danoz

Post by danoz » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:30 pm

Lovely set Dan. Is it shootable from outside of the fence? May make a long trip tomorrow if so. Any help appreciated.

Danseaman

Post by Danseaman » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:05 pm

Wow :thumbs: wish my night shots were that good!!

Does anyone know if it's in a photographic position? Thinking of coming over tomorrow morning (8:30-9) to photograph it if possible. Will be in a rush as I have work at half 10 in Weston-Super-Mare but I missed the B757 so don't really want to miss this one!
Thanks in advance
Canon 90D 6DII, Canon 24-105L, Canon 100-400II L

youth

Post by youth » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:14 pm

Superb!!! Many thanks for posting
:clap:

andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by andygolfer » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:43 pm

talldan76 wrote: Andy, there is a rumour that it will be coming in to Stansted towards the end of May - I'm sure I saw a post last night saying that (but can't find it now).

Dan
thanks Dan and all, hope I can catch it sometime then.
andy
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

welshdan1927

Post by welshdan1927 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:10 am

Ah sorry guys, bit late to the party, very photographable through the fence til 12:00 today when it positions out to Fort Lauderdale. The airport will be rammed however. As you're approaching terminal, you won't be able to miss it. The tail stands out for miles.

Thanks again for all the lovely comments, looks like I need to take my camera out after dark more often! See you all later with some cloudy grey take-off shots!

Danseaman

Post by Danseaman » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:49 am

Thanks guys!!!

Went up about 8:40 this morning, got some photos and rushed into work. I will post some on Sunday

Dan
Canon 90D 6DII, Canon 24-105L, Canon 100-400II L

welshdan1927

Re: "Ed Force One" TF-AAK at Cardiff - added departure shots

Post by welshdan1927 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:55 pm

Thanks so much for all the comments, hope those of you who had the chance & wanted to get it managed it!

Well the weather was a bit greyer than it had been earlier in the week but still, what an impressive sight.

Image"Ed Force One" Air Atlanta Icelandic Boeing 747-428 ln: 1325 TF-AAK by Dan Williams, on Flickr

(Getting your horizons & runways lined up isn't easy when you're stood on top of a bin!)
Image"Ed Force One" Air Atlanta Icelandic Boeing 747-428 ln: 1325 TF-AAK by Dan Williams, on Flickr

One of the longest take-off runs I'd seen at Rhoose in a long time - indeed there were some local non-aviation heads who insisted that it would have to stop off halfway. They were swiftly rebuked by the gathered #avgeek masses, as the young people would put it!

Many thanks for looking and all the kind comments. Here's hoping it'll come back one day, but until then, see you all next week after the French invasion.

mach one
POTM winner

Re: "Ed Force One" TF-AAK at Cardiff - added departure shots

Post by mach one » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:00 pm

departure shots are all Very nice

I was gutted when i heard it was going out on friday as there was just no way that i could get the day off and was praying it would be going out saturday

wonder if it will be back to cardiff due to bruce's connection with st athen

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”