Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Airliners over Donington Park (90 photos)

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
Tim R-T-C

Airliners over Donington Park (90 photos)

Post by Tim R-T-C » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:34 pm

Hi all,

I'm finally sorting and uploading my plane photos accumulated over the last few years, usually taken while sitting at airports for going on holiday, or in this case while watching motor racing. Donington Park is the circuit under the west end of East Midlands Airport (UK) and while sitting watching racing events there it is pretty typical to get a good number of airliners overhead. Most of the time they take-off to the West so you don't get the best shots, but occasionally (often later in the year it seems) they land from the West, giving some great photo ops.

I've just uploaded my complete collection from 2012-15 to Flickr - the full gallery is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/r-t-c/alb ... 9650012283

A few highlights:

BMI Baby G-BVZE arrives into EMA by Timothy Young, on Flickr

Cargolux 747F LX-VCB departs East Midlands Airport by Timothy Young, on Flickr

Atlantic Airlines ATP(F) G-BTPF arrives into EMA by Timothy Young, on Flickr

Jet Provost XW324 flying into East Midlands by Timothy Young, on Flickr

Flybe Dask 8 G-JEDM arriving into EMA by Timothy Young, on Flickr

Cargo Air 737-400F LZ-CGR arrives into EMA by Timothy Young, on Flickr
Commercial aviation around the world, plus airshows and a few military bits in my Flickr Photo Gallery

Lowfly11

Re: Airliners over Donington Park (90 photos)

Post by Lowfly11 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:58 pm

Great selection of shots..Atlantic Airlines ATP makes a change from the Lockheed Electra they used to own which i miss as it used to be a regular at Doncaster for cargo and training flights..miss the drone.Regards Tim

Tim R-T-C

Re: Airliners over Donington Park (90 photos)

Post by Tim R-T-C » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:31 am

They were landing over Donington Park again during the World Superbike event on the last Bank Holiday weekend:

AeroLogic 777F arrives into East Midlands by Timothy Young, on Flickr

Air Europa 737-800 EC-LYR arrives at EMA by Timothy Young, on Flickr
Commercial aviation around the world, plus airshows and a few military bits in my Flickr Photo Gallery

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”