Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Water Bombers

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
WingNut

Water Bombers

Post by WingNut » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:22 am

It's fire season in British Columbia and Conair is doing their best to combat it.

They are a large forest fire fighting company based in Abbotsford, B.C., Canada and have their aircraft spread
across North America. They have kept some back to fight local fires as they are doing today. They return to base
for fuel and to fill up with retardant and then head out again.

Over the last two days I have been able to grab a few shots that I thought I'd share here.

C-FKFB 1953 Convair 340-31

C-GYBP 1978 Cessna 180K Skywagon

C-FFKF Convair 340-31

C-FYYJ 1961 Lockheed 188A Electra

C-FLXT 1962 Lockheed 188C Electra-2

Thanks for lookin'...................
I hide some of my shots HERE

TheMightyOz
POTM & SPOTM winner

Re: Water Bombers

Post by TheMightyOz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:06 am

Nice shots. It's lovely to see something a bit unusual on here. That's not a Cessna 180K Skywagon, it's an Air Tractor AT-802A. Probably a typo on the reg and it should be C-GBPY.

Oz.

WingNut

Post by WingNut » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:09 pm

TheMightyOz wrote:Nice shots. It's lovely to see something a bit unusual on here. That's not a Cessna 180K Skywagon, it's an Air Tractor AT-802A. Probably a typo on the reg and it should be C-GBPY.

Oz.
Appreciate the feedback.

C-GBPY is #98 so that isn't the one. The one I posted is #99 on the tail. They are quite busy with a few of these so with any luck I'll get it again.
I hide some of my shots HERE

PorkScratching
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by PorkScratching » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:34 pm

Cracking photos, superb subjects! Even better for the blue sky, the mountains, and of course the smoke :)

mach one
POTM winner

Post by mach one » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:33 pm

very nice, as said good to see something a bit out of the norm, also nice to see the electra,s still working

I used to love seeing the Electras flying out of coventry but they have all gone to Buffalo airways in canada now so we will never see them again

norwichmike
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by norwichmike » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:27 pm

Cracking set! The last one wins for me. Sadly nothing moved here when I visited a few months back :-( Still nice to see all those old beasts parked up.
Mike B

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”