Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Cessna P210

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
noryport
POTM winner

Cessna P210

Post by noryport » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:31 pm

This unusual little visitor dropped into Norwich at Lunchtime...

ImageIMG_0857 by [url=https

Image[url=https://flic.kr/p/o3kLED]DSC09872
Keep on pressing them buttons, to get your numbers up...Tell your friend s too :ninja:

mjd

Re: Cessna P210

Post by mjd » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:03 am

Thanks for posting the pics of N8KR - I saw it depart Blackbushe earlier in the day after it had arrived there the previous day. Really unusual colour scheme and presentation of the reg!

mjd

noryport
POTM winner

Post by noryport » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:06 am

Hi mjd...Thanks for looking in and supplying the snippet of the previous movement on the plane. I thought the colour on the nose underside was black till I checked my shots. :???:
I have never seen one of those before, no struts on those long wings, it was unusual. First thought it was a demo thing or something the U.S.Army might use...cheers :)

ImageIMG

[url=https://flic.kr/p/o1QSKs]Image
DSC09867 by jaycee1962, on Flickr
Keep on pressing them buttons, to get your numbers up...Tell your friend s too :ninja:

norwichEgsh

Post by norwichEgsh » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:12 am

Reading up about this a/c, its unusual as its got a Rolls Royce Turbine engine instead of the standard 210 piston engine.

Great shots, i'm gutted I missed it!!

noryport
POTM winner

Post by noryport » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:41 am

Hi Steve...There were a number of your lot came out to look it over on its arrival.
I do have my doubts about that scheme :???: ,it could be used for observation purposes by some other aircraft or satellite system
in being able to define images from a great distance. Seems such an odd paint job to have.. ;)
Would the Turbine be more fuel efficient? or create less of a signature sound that you were listening out for from a distance :ninja:
Bit of a mystery ship..cheers..JB you'll have to look out for another avatar picky if she goes :whistle:

norwichEgsh

Post by norwichEgsh » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:49 pm

I think it will be alot cheaper to operate as jet a1 fuel is so much cheaper than avgas and there is a big performance improvement.

It had to visit on the day I wasn't at work!! :mad:

Steve

Terry

Post by Terry » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:22 am

Hi
The Cessna's without the brace from fuselage to wings are known a s 'cantilever'
This seems to be a recent conversion to turbine as the FAA register entry shows the engine as reciprocatiing
i.e. piston.
Most Cessna turbine conversions are for parachuting use, so not pressurised, as the 'P' and rounded windows on
this one indicates .
I think 'Soloy' is the most common turbine converter.
Have fun
Terry
I got a little black book with me poems in

noryport
POTM winner

Post by noryport » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:40 am

Hi Terry...We learn everyday from each other about the aircraft we look at and photograph.
It all makes sense when someone adds a bit of the jigsaw to the picture.
Thanks for the info., snippets and I know who to contact now :) with the odd enquiry, on the odd and rare light stuff..cheers.. :thumb: JB

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”