Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

My Eyes.......

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
garryrussell

My Eyes.......

Post by garryrussell » Tue May 20, 2014 6:51 am

A shocking moment form a recent trip

Not long after G-ECOH took off

G-JECY landed :o

:cry:

X29 JET
POTM winner

Re: My Eyes.......

Post by X29 JET » Tue May 20, 2014 2:26 pm

Its So Nice you posted it Twice :oops: Anyway I like the Colour Scheme whats wrong with it ! :thumbs:

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Tue May 20, 2014 4:18 pm

The new scheme is growing on me, much better than the old bland one. It must cost an absolute fortune to re-spray a whole fleet the size of Flybe's.

I've deleted the duplicate post, thanks for the shots Garry. :)

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

garryrussell

Post by garryrussell » Tue May 20, 2014 8:20 pm

Thanks..sorry I didn't realise I'd double posted.

I get the impression from some reports that not all the aircraft are to be repainted and none of the Embraers are planned.

It remains to be seen what the next new delivery appears as.

Both of these aircraft have been returned from the Brussels Airlines lease so werte in need of paint anyway.

All joking aside, I don't like it, but, it is not quite as raw in the 'flesh' as in pics. Digital imagery tends to enrich colours which can be nice but not always realistic.

On detail worth a mention is they have followed a modern trend with the Flybe title under the fuse.

If the idea here was to make them stand out and get talked about then they have certainly succeeded in that.

In a way, they might even hate it within the company but it serves a purpose. Not saying that's the case, but it could be with something like this, but, raising the profile of a company is never a bad thing.

PorkScratching
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by PorkScratching » Tue May 20, 2014 10:04 pm

You might be right in it being a way of attracting attention to the brand. I think it's gross though! I rather liked the previous livery. Perhaps they should do a retrojet in 1980s Jersey European orange and black colours :)

garryrussell

Post by garryrussell » Wed May 21, 2014 5:12 am

I like the white fuse livery so far used,,,like the blue used and it is one of the better 2whuite fuse2 liveries that have been popular now for many years.

Airlines are run by accountants and media image consultants. Whether it is actually smart or in anyway nice seems to be beside the point.

So far though no aircraft has been repainted, but, they have set aside a spare to cover.

G-JECV has been withdrawn form use...that is as a fleet member. It has however been retained as a cover for aircraft being 'purpleized'.

In days gone by it was either prigressive paint durung the winder lean times or paint at scheduled maintenance time. When Air UK changed from the Blue Plane to the white livery they progressivless painted the fleet but G-BNCY was still in the old livery when summer came and remained so all that season.

It looks like Flybe want to get this done quickly.

EGVP
POTM winner

Post by EGVP » Thu May 22, 2014 7:03 am

The E170s will be painted like this.

garryrussell

Post by garryrussell » Fri May 30, 2014 9:07 am

"Deano" on Key Publish Forum forum states that 'We have no plans to paint an E175 in that livery'

That's where I got the info from someone who appears to be involved in some way???

EI-REL..ATR.42 ex Aer Lingus regional supposedly in this livery now. Variously reported as being painted (27th) and in hangar for repaint 23th-28th (29th)

EGVP
POTM winner

Post by EGVP » Fri May 30, 2014 9:12 am

Interesting - the next Embraer for delivery is due to be in this scheme, maybe they've changed their mind and are sticking with the white livery?!

EGVP
POTM winner

Post by EGVP » Fri May 30, 2014 10:58 am

First Stobart Air ATR operating for flyBE has been painted in the new livery:

garryrussell

Post by garryrussell » Fri May 30, 2014 11:42 am

Great..thanks for the pic confirming 'REL :D . Ithink it's only one of two ATR.42 left with Stobart Air. :unsure:

As regards the E-175... remains to be seen, As yet there has been no repainting, just aircraft not in the Flybe livery that need to be so the next delivery will prove the yay or nay on the type..

It has even been reported that this is not a new livery, but a promotional livery and only about 20 aircraft will wear it. If that is the case, then you'd think an E jet would wear it and they'd quickly get one painted up for publicity.

My own belief is that this is what all future paints will be, but will take time as only when due anyway. That might even sort of tie in with the 20 or so...perhaps more but not all as many aircraft are leaving the fleet so it is true in looking at the current fleet to say not all will be painted. But again. until we see an existing BEE aircraft adopt the new livery speculation will be rife.

I guess BEE is enjoying the speculation and conversation as it raises their profile :lol:

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”