Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

A selection from a long weekend (will get heavier!)

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
DaveSheffield

A selection from a long weekend (will get heavier!)

Post by DaveSheffield » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:33 am

Hi all, just recovering from my very long weekend which started on Thursday afternoon with the French rugby team arriving at Cardiff and ended today at around 1740 when I realised I'd lost my light and the Biman was going out too late for me to get it.

So, here is a taster for now. Having real trouble dealing with some very bright clouds. Any help on that would be appreciated. In the meantime, enjoy!

EI-FBJ not even in my afqr... definitely need this year's one as the notes page is getting full!
DSC_3813 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

YL-LCL, but not as you may have seen it before...
DSC_4017 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

F-HSKY
DSC_4057 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

Everything I wanted to get from Rhoose was in sunlight... great start!

My dad went up on the Sunday with my old camera and managed to get the one that I missed;
102_2652 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

Popped my head in at Southend on Monday morning, where I clocked a couple of new numbers because I'm a sad old git.

N737ER
DSC_4089 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

EC-JCV & 5N-BPR + BLD
DSC_4091 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

And so to Birmingham to say farewell to a classic. I had the biggest struggle with the changeable weather here, clouds and bright sun and rain all popped up within minutes of each other.

Wonder how long it'll be until it's farewell to these?
DSC_4205 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

Watched this on flightradar come down from Manchester and was relieved the clouds moved faster than it!
DSC_4752 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

A nice, rare treat to see one of these hopping about in daylight
DSC_4658 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

Meanwhile, every single time I saw an Aer Arann aircraft in the last 5 days, it was bathed in sun;
DSC_4740 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

DSC_4489 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

And then onto the main event, what it was worth lugging those bags around for and a scratchy night in a Travelodge. You forget about how loud these relative old timers can be in comparison to, say, the Pakistan 777 that was in BHX today. Was good to hear, as well as see.

DSC_4129 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

Who doesn't love the profile of a tri-holer?
DSC_4274 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

DSC_4256 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

DSC_4496 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

DSC_4510 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

And so there we have it. A cracking weekend all round, roughly 40 new numbers chalked off in the book, learned a lot, made the acquaintance of some very good and helpful people and enjoyed myself all round. And that's what it's all about isn't it?!

Took this in the hope that it would encapsulate the end of an era nicely;
DSC_4101 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr
The name says Sheffield but I'm actually South Wales based now! Also often seen at Southend, Heathrow, Manchester and Birmingham.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/djwilliams1990/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/djw1990

Spyderleader

Re: A selection from a long weekend (will get heavier!)

Post by Spyderleader » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:29 am

What day were the DC10 images taken?
Wanna buy a secondhand airfield?

DaveSheffield

Re: A selection from a long weekend (will get heavier!)

Post by DaveSheffield » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:52 am

On the Monday afternoon.

All from the last flight, except for the first and last images of it which were from the midday flight.
The name says Sheffield but I'm actually South Wales based now! Also often seen at Southend, Heathrow, Manchester and Birmingham.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/djwilliams1990/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/djw1990

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”