Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Humberside collection.

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
rich

Humberside collection.

Post by rich » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:37 pm

A few caught from this year up to now.

that's enough don't want to bore you to much.

Rich.

noryport
POTM winner

Re: Humberside collection.

Post by noryport » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:21 am

Always nice to see the bizzjet side of life from anywhere. :)
It did surprise me to see that amount pass through your neck of the woods.
Thinking about it though there is an awful amount of industry in your part
of the world,not to mention the massive petrol refinery at Immingham... ;)
Keep on pressing them buttons, to get your numbers up...Tell your friend s too :ninja:

rich

Post by rich » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:41 pm

The Biz Jet visitors have increased this year, just hope it keeps up ;)
A few more caught earlier in the year.

350biker

Post by 350biker » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:51 pm

Noryport - just a quick slight amendment to your comment about the oil refinery on the Humber bank. There are actually two refineries side by side. One owned by Total, the French company and one owned by Phillips 66 (formerly Conoco) of the USA. I am a pensioner from the Total one (known as LOR - Lindsey Oil Refinery) which is the third largest in the UK. We had very few arrivals of top management by private jet but I suspect that Phillips/Conoco are the source of most of the US registered Gulfstreams and the NJE birds.
Ian Wilkinson - pensioner and LAPL (A) holder, what a combination!

noryport
POTM winner

Post by noryport » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:55 am

Hi 350biker..Thank-you for your informative reply,to my post on the thread.
Local knowledge is far better than a platter going to pick up another tractor unit at the docks :roll: :)
Its what makes the hobby of spotting aircraft tick over,knowing a little of the state of play from some of the
visitors and where they are from.(or might be).

Is the 350 in your name/avatar a reference to the CC of your motorbike?Anyway nice to hear from you.. :)pps to rich,
that Mexican one is a rare bird indeed.Great shots by the way..
Keep on pressing them buttons, to get your numbers up...Tell your friend s too :ninja:

350biker

Post by 350biker » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:31 pm

Noryport
Thanks for your comments. There are some on these forum's who get very uppety when someone corrects or adds to their comments.
As you say it's often nice to speculate who came in on all these anonymous biz-jets - there are few in corporate livery these days.
With regard to my handle yes I did have a 350cc bike at one time (ex Army Harley Davidson MT350 enduro type bike - very functional and no chrome to polish). I now have a classic 650cc BSA A65T and a 250 Bombardier CanAm trail bike on the road. Project bikes are a '71 BSA B50MXR2 and a 1949 BSA Bantam. My fingers are getting very grubby at the moment as I have 5 Bantam engines to build - one nearly done.

noryport
POTM winner

Post by noryport » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi Again Ian,

Looks like your up to your whats-its in a hobby thats more a way of life. :cool:
I used to ride (and Wreck)bikes :ninja: at one time,happy days :halo: I do like to learn
and try to keep up to date with others who are better informed about most situations which seem
relevant in my life. I've given up on our leaders though as they know everything there is to know
and look where we are to-day :cry: :)Better be careful now as we are being observed from afar
and might up up on a rendition flight for a dark holiday in Egypt"Ouch".

Do you use any of your bike engines to power your light aircraft?
Anyway good luck with the mini bantam repair production line....

rich

Post by rich » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:32 pm

Ahh the BSA Bantam my first road bike, I started out with a AJS 350 just for some off road scrambling, ending up with a Triumph T100 as my last bike before going to 4 wheels.
Anyway another one from HUY today.

Rich.

350biker

Post by 350biker » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:04 pm

Noryport - no the bike engines stay with the bikes, I rely on Mr Lycoming and Mr Continental for my airborne power!

Rich - nice collection once again. I think a lot of our generation started on BSA Bantams, happy memories of my 1956 150 cc version. Looking forward to getting the 1949 rigid (ie no rear suspension) bike on the road.

rich

Post by rich » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:49 am

And this one taken early this morning, he arrived last night 11th at 21:53.

Rich.

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”