Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

A Thomson at Manchester (except a bit dreamy!)

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
DaveSheffield

A Thomson at Manchester (except a bit dreamy!)

Post by DaveSheffield » Fri May 31, 2013 7:05 pm

So, I left the house at 4:15 this morning, and I'm still going strong. Off to the pub for a well deserved drink after catching a tan in that rarest of things, the Manchester sun!! :thumb:

Not much to shout about, so here you go:

One to reel you all in, BY
DSC_0461 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

NAX
DSC_0404 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

TP
DSC_0427 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

TS
DSC_0446 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

VS
DSC_0440 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

Obligatory EK
DSC_0477 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

TF
DSC_0470 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

And back to the glorified 767...
BY
DSC_0463 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

DSC_0459 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

DSC_0454 by djwilliams1990, on Flickr

Thanks for looking... let me know what you think!
The name says Sheffield but I'm actually South Wales based now! Also often seen at Southend, Heathrow, Manchester and Birmingham.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/djwilliams1990/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/djw1990

uppergreen1

Re: A Thomson at Manchester (except a bit dreamy!)

Post by uppergreen1 » Fri May 31, 2013 7:23 pm

very nice ,the 787 looks like it had a lot of "trim" set on the tailplane?,and I reckon you photo shopped the sunshine!!!!.it never shines up there.cheers............ .

COOLMORE

Post by COOLMORE » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:19 am

glad to see the Thomson 787 at last..should be doing flights from GLA at start of July so will catch it then..

were they taken from pub carpark ??

sun at Manchester.. def photoshopped lol.

seen you there in January and you were wearing a baraclava thingwy.. was bloody freezing . even me being a Scotsman found it a bit cold..lol
so glad you got the sun, no doubt cloud a cold weather will be waiting for me for my next visit

honest man

Post by honest man » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:09 am

Nice shots looking forward to seeing the 787 at Prestwick in next few days the 1st airfield up here to get it :thumbs:

DaveSheffield

Post by DaveSheffield » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:02 am

Again, thanks very much all!

Uppergreen, I did wonder what the big yellow thing in the sky was when I got off the train!! No idea re. trim, maybe someone more technically minded will help on that one? The tail/wings are all quite small though for an aircraft that size. Although I did read the wings are wider than the fuselage is long! Pretty rare in itself!

Coolmore, yes, the pub (the name of which I can't remember) is where these were from. I didn't want to hang around for too long. The 4:30 start knackered me! As for the balaclava... That was one of about 7/8 layers and I was still bloody freezing. Remarkable difference Friday was -I had to put suncream on!

Honest man, it flew over Cardiff today on the way down to Newquay for testing. I'm hoping b & c will come down here to test, there has been talk of them visiting CWL so fingers crossed for both of us!
The name says Sheffield but I'm actually South Wales based now! Also often seen at Southend, Heathrow, Manchester and Birmingham.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/djwilliams1990/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/djw1990

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”