Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

N61FD new paint job - North Weald

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
PaulHP

N61FD new paint job - North Weald

Post by PaulHP » Tue May 28, 2013 9:35 pm

N61FD Siai Marchetti F.260C by PaulHP, on Flickr

Looked like this in 2009:

N61FD 1983 Siai Marchetti F.260C by PaulHP, on Flickr

noryport
POTM winner

Re: N61FD new paint job - North Weald

Post by noryport » Tue May 28, 2013 9:41 pm

Abstract colour on the wing.. :thumb:
Keep on pressing them buttons, to get your numbers up...Tell your friend s too :ninja:

upnorth

Post by upnorth » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:54 pm

You certainly won't miss seeing that when it comes around.

Nice catch!
My Blogs

Pickled Wings Vintage and preserved aircraft blog: http://pickledwings.wordpress.com/

Beyond Prague Traveling the Czech Republic outside of the capital: http://beyondprague.wordpress.com/

FlyinBeaver

Post by FlyinBeaver » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:23 am

Hi guys, I'm the owner of N61FD, thanks for taking the great picture! The plane has just had a 2 year rebuild in California following an accident. Almost all of the metalwork is new, so we decided to have a new colour scheme too, which was designed for us by Jet Studios. We wanted to keep the classic Frati "swoop" down the side, but with a twist. Given its an Italian aeroplane, then obvious idea was to incorporate an Italian flag. I think they've made a great job of it - and she flies like a dream too.

Anyway, glad you like it!

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:40 am

FlyinBeaver wrote:Hi guys, I'm the owner of N61FD, thanks for taking the great picture! The plane has just had a 2 year rebuild in California following an accident. Almost all of the metalwork is new, so we decided to have a new colour scheme too, which was designed for us by Jet Studios. We wanted to keep the classic Frati "swoop" down the side, but with a twist. Given its an Italian aeroplane, then obvious idea was to incorporate an Italian flag. I think they've made a great job of it - and she flies like a dream too.

That's one very smart looking aeroplane you have there FB, thanks for the info and a big welcome to CA. :) :thumb:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

honest man

Post by honest man » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:04 pm

FlyinBeaver wrote:Hi guys, I'm the owner of N61FD, thanks for taking the great picture! The plane has just had a 2 year rebuild in California following an accident. Almost all of the metalwork is new, so we decided to have a new colour scheme too, which was designed for us by Jet Studios. We wanted to keep the classic Frati "swoop" down the side, but with a twist. Given its an Italian aeroplane, then obvious idea was to incorporate an Italian flag. I think they've made a great job of it - and she flies like a dream too.

Lovely machine i saw it at my local,Prestwick on its journey home :D

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”