Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Trip 1 - 100 bizjet's or more!!

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
jonezi

Trip 1 - 100 bizjet's or more!!

Post by jonezi » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:05 pm

Hey all,

Me and fellow photographer Scott Campbell decided to book a 2 day trip to Luton to get my target started of over 100 bizjet photographs! Between Luton and Geneva (later on in the month) my target is to get 100, so ... the day started at 3am from Leeds, we set off to Luton Via East Midlands. We got to East Midlands with the plan being doing a hours night photographer and then continuing are trip down, so first stop was the UPS ramp so we parked the car in the industrial estate and walked through a car park to the fence to get the 767's parked up ...

After walking away from this spot we had intentions of going to the Maintenance area and DHL ramp to get more but are plans of that happen was put in the gutter, a policeman in a BMW rushed up to us as we were walking through the car park and immediately started to question us on what we had been doing and why we had been doing it. After we explained and had a check done on us to prove we wasn't wanted for any convictions he let us go with a word of advice, that was to keep to the main spots during the night.

Reaching Luton we headed straight to Luton airport Asda to pick up some food and drink before heading around to the crash gate to get the day started. The weather this day was something quiet crap! The cloud roof was at 300ft and being very dark to start off with we decided to watch. Anyway on with the photos from the time we had at the crash gate...

After been up for around 12 hours we decided to go to the harrods ramp to get a BD-700 we could see on the ramp ...

After that we headed round to the hotel where we would be staying the night, we had booked into the Holiday Inn over looking the "pond", before heading into the hotel we decided to get a photo of something Chinese on the ramp ...

We then checked in to the hotel and then headed up to are room, on the top floor of the hotel they are windows half way down where you can get views such as this ...

Then from are room we decided to do abit of night photography without the police from stopping us, so we hitched a tripod up on the desk, the bin was placed upside down and the camera was placed on top of the bin. The results was something like this ...

That was it for day 1, with 11 new bizjets in the bag it was time for some sleep and another 89 to be bagged, the next day is to follow what included some sun and an old gem!

Thanks for looking and i shall report on the next day when all is edited. :P

chriswade

Re: Trip 1 - 100 bizjet's or more!!

Post by chriswade » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:13 pm

nice story and some nice shots dude, im down East mids maybe 4-5 days and nights every week and never once been stopped by police or see hardly any so i think you were very unlucky. but there isnt any great night photo opportunities anyway at EMA really.
Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chriswadereptiles/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?photographersearch=Christopher%20Wade" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Snow_Owl

Post by Snow_Owl » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Nice set of photos.

It was great hearing about your trip. Hope you had a great day.

jonezi

Post by jonezi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:52 am

Thanks Chris, do you go to where the locals go though, as in opersite the DHL ramp? Safe to say i wont be going at that time around EMA again :P

Thank you Snow Owl, part 2 to come soon when i get my :grr: in gear and get editing again lol

chriswade

Post by chriswade » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:23 pm

i tend to go all around the dhl ramp, mainly on the mound next too it where all the lorries park, just requires a quick jump over the fence :p
Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chriswadereptiles/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?photographersearch=Christopher%20Wade" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”