Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Photography at Paris CDG

doughnut

Photography at Paris CDG

Post by doughnut » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:38 pm

Hi All.
Long time since I last visited Paris CDG. Then there was an area of land, a grass mound IIRC, adjacent to a main road between terminals with good views of aircraft taxing over a road bridge. Google earth appears to show a Concorde parked in this area, is it still possible to photograph from this area ? Remember reading that you required some form of permit to allow photography, correct ? If so any details of where to obtain one. Also any other details of good locations for both spotting and photography at CDG.

Paul

Snow_Owl

Re: Photography at Paris CDG

Post by Snow_Owl » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:45 pm

Hi there,

You will need a permit but personally I have never been asked to show it. You may be asked if you venture more into the fields and other territory.
Best to have one than not have one.

It is free to apply for one and you can get one by emailing: xavier.huby@seine-saint-denis.pref.gouv.fr
You should be fine in English but be polite ofcourse :) You will be asked for a scan of your passport.

The pass is valid forever and lets you take photos at both CDG and Orly airports.

If you get to the bus terminal that has the shuttles to the hotels, take a right out of there and eventually you'l get to mound where you get great views of taxiiing aircraft as well as some taking off in the distance. You will also see opposite the Concorde mounted in the takeoff position.

Charles022
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by Charles022 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:54 pm

That mound was called the "Paralleles" and this is what it looks like now:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/three_fort ... otostream/

Taken by a friend on Flickr.

Looks like a no go now!
Apparently the carpark is being extended which is next to the said spot.
Cheers,

Charles

My new site http://www.reaperphotography.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Take a look!

Danseaman

Post by Danseaman » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:29 pm

Oh, I spent a full 24hrs on that mound last year, what a fabulous place it was! Only trouble is that I have booked flights to spot a CDG in May! I will have no car so where am I meant to spot now?

Sad to see this site go!
Dan
Canon 90D 6DII, Canon 24-105L, Canon 100-400II L

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:32 am

I've posted Snow Owl's post as a sticky in the Europe section,thanks for the info fella. :thumb:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

doughnut

Post by doughnut » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:39 pm

Thanks for the responses. Paul

Snow_Owl

Post by Snow_Owl » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:36 pm

That's a shame that spot is going.

I spent a lovely afternoon and early morning there last summer before I realised if I didnt leave now I'd miss my A380 back to the UK...And what fun that was travelling on such a great plane.

Snow_Owl

Post by Snow_Owl » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:43 pm

Another spot I went to was by coming out ofthe same bus terminal instead of turning right, turn left.
Follow the road past the buildings. Be careful, that road is very busy. You may be best crossing over and being the other side of the road barrier. It heads up and you get a view of aircraft taxiing down.

I got this photo from this spot:

doughnut

Post by doughnut » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:58 am

Thanks for the updates. Paul

Return to “France”