Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Paris CDG Help REQ

Saracen

Paris CDG Help REQ

Post by Saracen » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:28 pm

I am going to the mound for the first time in a couple of weeks. Can anyone please tell me the best way to get there from Terminal 2 i will be on foot (no car). Many thanks in advance.

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Paris CDG Help REQ

Post by Mike » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:32 pm

Have you checked the spotting-guide at the top of the page ? :- http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk/forum ... 49&t=10410" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have you got your pass yet - if you don't have one then you could get fined ?

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Saracen

Post by Saracen » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:54 pm

yes i have a pass and yes i have seen the website not sure what the GDVAL is or where to find it. Is it free or a charge is made

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:05 pm

Saracen wrote:yes i have a pass and yes i have seen the website not sure what the GDVAL is or where to find it. Is it free or a charge is made
I've no idea fella, I've not been there for a few years - maybe someone else could help ?

Does anyone know what this means ? :-

"Posted by: Luis Vaz
Saturday November 26, 2011 at 23:47 your local time
To get here you must take the RER to CDG and GDVAL to terminal 1."

Is it a code for the local shuttle bus and,if so, is it free ?

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

EGVP
POTM winner

Post by EGVP » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:21 am

CDGVAL is the inter-terminal shuttle-monorail thingy. It's free. Basically the post is saying get the train to the airport, then the internal monorail to Terminal 1.

Basically for spots F and H on the Plane Mad map; out of the RER station at Terminal 1 (which isn't in the actual terminal!), head West and on to the grassy area next ot the new car-park. That'll give you photographic opportunities of "the bridge" for aircraft crossing from South to North-side and vice-versa. You've also got the embankments near Terminal 3 that you can stand on, the trees offer some shelter from the rain. If you look on Google Maps, it's in the Rue du New York/Rue du Rome area :)

Saracen

Post by Saracen » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:11 pm

Thanks Chris got there ok. The mounds are almost completely gone now they are laying pipes near to the fence and we managed to stand on the earth removed from the trenches but that will not be there for long i fear. Was not bothered by anyone all day.

Return to “France”