Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

EC-LKH

An area to discuss all aspects of photography whether you need a bit of help, want to discuss the latest gear or just simply discuss a general photography topic that interests you.
AirbusA320

EC-LKH

Post by AirbusA320 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:52 am

Hi all out there

Looking for a bit of advice and tips
below are two pics taken at Norwich last night, nice dark cold winter
my question which one is better
i dont normally do lot of editting , i sort of feel a photo is what you have seen and how you have seen it, keeps the memoray
but i been told to use more white balance in night shots which the second one has been done, but i feel i like the original as the other changed the outlook of the pic
now i like some advice, good or bad ,thoughts if like to guys out there

ImageA320 EC-LKH by Mark, on Flickr

ImageA320- EC-LKH by Mark, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Mark
https://www.flickr.com/photos/88573897@N03/albums

james143611

Re: EC-LKH

Post by james143611 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:12 am

On the flip side I've always been told to just leave the white balance on Auto.

I edit my photo's to how I remember seeing it. So if the colour of the logo/livery looks dark, I'll adjust it to how I saw it. Question is, was it white like in the second shot or did you see it with an orange tint/glow?

AirbusA320

Re: EC-LKH

Post by AirbusA320 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:29 pm

james143611 wrote:On the flip side I've always been told to just leave the white balance on Auto.

I edit my photo's to how I remember seeing it. So if the colour of the logo/livery looks dark, I'll adjust it to how I saw it. Question is, was it white like in the second shot or did you see it with an orange tint/glow?

Thanks James

thats sort of my view on photography but some seem to go to lengths in changes so it got me wondering
the top pic is not altered and how the night was

thanks again

Mark

Return to “Photography Discussions”