Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Couple of oldans

Only nostalgic and wrecks & relics photography in here please, nostalgic posts should be over 5 years old.
noryport
POTM winner

Couple of oldans

Post by noryport » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:14 pm

Some from my travels from the past whilst trucking.... Image Image Image
Keep on pressing them buttons, to get your numbers up...Tell your friend s too :ninja:

skytrain

Re: Couple of oldans

Post by skytrain » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:21 am

Great pics John. :thumb:

The Worldways Canada DC-8 brought back a few memories! Where was it taken?

Nice shots of the One-Eleven and the ATP! I often used to see G-AVMP at Manchester in the 80's when it flew with BA. The One-elevens were lovely planes, could have done with a pair of ear defenders when they were starting their engines though! :whistle:

cheers

Andy

noryport
POTM winner

Post by noryport » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:42 am

Hi Andy....Photo of the DC8 was taken at Newcastle airport sometime in early to mid 90s.I used to park my truck up for a dinner break at a small industrial complex right next to the approach of the 07 end of the runway.At that time Ian Mcfarlane who sadly passed away a few years ago had a marvellous aviation shop there with all sorts of goodys in store.I now wished I had bought some of the slides he used to put up for sale which depicted a massive range of military and civilian types.Ian was given virtually unrestricted access to record all the planes he wished too.
I agree the the BAC 111s were a lovely aircraft and I used to shuttle about on these between Holland and N/cle when Caledonian operated them where the inflight hospitality was part of the treat of using there service. :roll: .Other two were taken at Luton...Cheers..JB
Keep on pressing them buttons, to get your numbers up...Tell your friend s too :ninja:

skytrain

Post by skytrain » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:23 am

That sounds like an ideal spot for a dinner break! Sadly never managed to get to Ian McFarlane's shop but it sounds like it was one of those places where you could do some serious damage to your wallet! Pity about the slides, he must have had quite a collection of slides if he had full ramp access. It's always the case though, you put off buying slides and stuff at the time and then regret it years later! I threw away a heap of airline memorabilia about 20 years ago that I really wish I'd kept now, just commonplace stuff like airline magazines and timetables that I'd picked up, but they would have been interesting to look back on now that the airlines are long gone!

The One-elevens looked really good in the B-Cal colours and as you said, the Caledonian Girls' hospitality was legendary :D
Had to dig up this bit of nostalgia.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS2Pfnr_3dA :thumbs:

cheers

Andy

noryport
POTM winner

Post by noryport » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Hi Again Andy....That ad was a bit of laugh and looks somewhere around the 70s by the looks of it. :) The memorabilia stuff such as timetables and old mags do make good reading 20 or so years on and are also handy if you ever want to make a book up as they fill some space and can make pages look interesting other then the mandatory box like look from photos.Cheers..JB

Return to “Nostalgia and Wrecks & Relics”