Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

E110 Bandeirante G-BGNK Sumburgh

Only nostalgic and wrecks & relics photography in here please, nostalgic posts should be over 5 years old.
Uuoret

E110 Bandeirante G-BGNK Sumburgh

Post by Uuoret » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:45 pm

Making a very smart departure en-route to Aberdeen.

Air Ecosse flight c1982

Last edited by Uuoret on Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: E110 Bandeirante G-BFZK Sumburgh

Post by Mike » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:36 pm

Very nice indeed :thumb:
I remember going out to a Loganair Bandeirante at Edinburgh just after it arrived on stand, it was full of extremely drunken oil-rig workers that could hardly stand and a huge black Labrador was running about on board. There was also another chap found fast asleep in the tiny bog at the back. :lol: :lol:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Uuoret

Post by Uuoret » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:29 pm

Yes, I've a lot of time for the old Bandeirante - I worked in Air Ecosse Ops for 2 years and it was a brilliant workhorse. Frequently filled with drunken oily's. Another somewhat lesser problem was that as it was a single pilot operation with air hostess, we got several reports of an empty aircraft that seemed to be rocking when parked up awaiting the next sector. Bergen seemed to be favourite, for some reason..... :Wow:

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:53 pm

:lol: :thumb:

I could never understand how a black Lab had got on board, it think it must have come from Sumburgh and I never found out who it belonged to!

I was the first to meet the aircraft and the stewardess was so glad to see someone 'sensible', they were absolutely hammered - shouting, singing etc.. it would have been great to have an iPhone in those days with the utter madness that went on. :lol:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

condor

Re: E110 Bandeirante G-BGNK Sumburgh

Post by condor » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:38 pm

Uuoret ,
Bergen is about 60 degrees N , same as Shetland ... We used to get some fearsome winds up there . 100kts one night in LSI ....
Must have caused the rocking .....! 'Wotever happens North of Glasgow , stays North of Glasgow ..

Been off having a new knee , but now catching up on your posts . Please keep them coming , lots of history here .

rgds condor .

Return to “Nostalgia and Wrecks & Relics”