Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Olev Antonov Museum Kyiv, Ukraine.

Only nostalgic and wrecks & relics photography in here please, nostalgic posts should be over 5 years old.
burnsy133

Olev Antonov Museum Kyiv, Ukraine.

Post by burnsy133 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:09 pm

Had a couple of days meetings in Kyiv resulting in a morning to myself, so up early and a taxi too the museum resulted in the following being seen. Quality not the best as I only had my point and shoot with me as I couldn't really be lugging my proper gear round Kyiv meetings for two days.

ImageUntitled by Rob Burns, on Flickr

That's all folks....
Last edited by burnsy133 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Olev Antonov Museum Kyiv, Ukraine.

Post by Mike » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:49 pm

What an amazing place that is Rob, great shots too and thanks for posting them. :) :thumb:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

mustang5861

Post by mustang5861 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:59 am

Agree with Mike: great shots, and a great selection of types; but with 30 of the shots showing out-and-out military aircraft, can't help thinking that those ones would have been better posted (and more widely appreciated) on the FC site, with the civvies reserved for the CA site. Just my opinion.

M

LondonEye
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by LondonEye » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:01 am

Very nice to see.
I do not normally lug my DSLR on holiday, so quite happy seeing 'record' shots. Quality of digital camera's is improving at such a rate.
For me, I it works seeing a general overview of what is in a museum, both civvy and mil.
Your mils pics would be appreciated on FC.

57 red Tu-22M Ukraine AF seen at Fairford 1998.

Pete.

burnsy133

Post by burnsy133 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:32 am

Hi all,

I did try and put them in Fighter Control, but it said the height was too much, it was actually by accident I put them on Civil spotters.

Does FC have different restrictions ??

Cheers

Rob

RobinMinffordd

Post by RobinMinffordd » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:20 pm

Looks like a very interesting collection :thumbs: :thumbs:

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:48 pm

burnsy133 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:32 am
Hi all,

I did try and put them in Fighter Control, but it said the height was too much, it was actually by accident I put them on Civil spotters.

Cheers

Rob
Hi Rob, FC has exactly the same restrictions on image size and you should be able to post the military ones on there with no issues at all, please don't post any of the civilian ones on FC as they will get upset about it as it will break their rules!
We allow a maximum of 10% military on any one photo thread, which I think FC should do as well and allow the same percentage (but with civilian aircraft) as it gives a better idea of what was seen on the day.
I really should have said something to you about the amount of military images, but I was completely gob-smacked by your thread and forgot all about the rules and which forum I was looking at! :oops:

I shall write 'I promise to try harder' a few hundred times and get the wife to give me a good spanking. :unsure: :lol:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

burnsy133

Post by burnsy133 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:12 pm

Mike wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:48 pm
burnsy133 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:32 am
Hi all,

Cheers

Rob
Hi Rob, FC has exactly the same restrictions on image size and you should be able to post the military ones on there with no issues at all, please don't post any of the civilian ones on FC as they will get upset about it as it will break their rules!
We allow a maximum of 10% military on any one photo thread, which I think FC should do as well and allow the same percentage (but with civilian aircraft) as it gives a better idea of what was seen on the day.
I really should have said something to you about the amount of military images, but I was completely gob-smacked by your thread and forgot all about the rules and which forum I was looking at! :oops:

I shall write 'I promise to try harder' a few hundred times and get the wife to give me a good spanking. :unsure: :lol:
Ok Guys, as requested I have now removed all the military stuff.

Return to “Nostalgia and Wrecks & Relics”