Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

1979 - Moth Rally - Strathallan

Only nostalgic and wrecks & relics photography in here please, nostalgic posts should be over 5 years old.
Gloria Finis
SPOTM winner

1979 - Moth Rally - Strathallan

Post by Gloria Finis » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:04 pm

Found a few more photographs of the Moth Rally, held at Strathallan, Perthshire, on 30 June and 1 July 1979.

Sorry for the poor quality, as these were taken with a small format Kodak 110 camera, but the scans from 4.5" x 3.5" prints may be of interest to some members.

ImageDH89A Dragon Rapide, G-AIYR, The Famous Grouse Moth Rally @ Strathallan 30 June 1979 by Phillip Hapka, on Flickr

ImageDH89A Dragon Rapide, The Famous Grouse Moth Rally @ Stathallan, 1 July 1979 by Phillip Hapka, on Flickr

ImageDH82A Jackaroo, G-AIRI, G-AOIR and G-APAM, The Famous Grouse Moth Rally @ Strathallan, 1 July 1979 by Phillip Hapka, on Flickr

ImageDH82A Tiger Moth, G-ANDP, G-AYIT and G-BAFG, The Famous Grouse Moth Rally @ Strathallan, 1 July 1979 by Phillip Hapka, on Flickr

Nighthawke

Re: 1979 - Moth Rally - Strathallan

Post by Nighthawke » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:22 pm

In my opinion when it comes to nostalgic photos then content invariably outweighs image quality. Plus they better suit the period too.

Clydeflyer

Post by Clydeflyer » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:57 am

Hi Gloria,

Great to see these - I was there and took around 70 colour 35mm shots. The quality of the machine-processed prints wasn`t very good, and unfortunately, during a pre-digital era clear out I binned all the negatives. With a PC and some work on Photoshop I could have no doubt obtained some decent images.

From what I remember, it was a super event and with the Museum still open there were plenty of planes around - Many thanks for posting.

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:39 am

I was there too, for some strange reason I didn't take a camera. :grr:
Plenty of good nostalgic shots there, thanks for posting them. :thumb:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Return to “Nostalgia and Wrecks & Relics”