Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

One year ago retro BA 747's

Only nostalgic and wrecks & relics photography in here please, nostalgic posts should be over 5 years old.
xkeKeith

One year ago retro BA 747's

Post by xkeKeith » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:59 am

Got a phone call to tell me that BA Ops had arranged for the 3 B747's in retro schemes plus the B747 that was being flown into retirement that day would all depart Heathrow in a 60 minute period at lunch time. Grab the camera and the car keys:

G-BNLY in the Landor scheme departed as I parked the car luckily it was the only one of the three I had photographed before .... Then G-CIVB lined up.

ImageG-CIVB Boeing B747-400 British Airways special c/s by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Off to Wales G-CIVM:

ImageG-CIVM Boeing B747-400 BA oneworld c/s - last flight by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

After a short delay G-BYGC departed:

ImageG-BYGC Boeing B747-400 BA 'BOAC' c/s by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

A few weeks later they would all be grounded...

For completeness G-BNLY taken earlier:

ImageG-BNLY Boeing B747-400 Britis Airways Landor c/s by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Martin

Re: One year ago retro BA 747's

Post by Martin » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:15 pm

Thanks for posting, I do like the Landor scheme. We'll have to make do with the Retro schemed A319s as I can't imagine them painting the next A350 in a retro scheme.

Martin

Return to “Nostalgia and Wrecks & Relics”