Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Proposed changes to photography military photo rules

Please read the rules before posting images on the forum.
andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Proposed changes to photography military photo rules

Post by andygolfer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:43 am

after a prolonged debate in the moderators' section we have now come to a conclusion regarding the posting of military photos.

We have decided to amend the rules to allow a maximum of 10% military content at civilian airfields only.

If you wish to post more than 10% then we suggest that they should be posted on our sister forum, fighter control, heres a link to the registration page if you are not already a member: http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/u ... e=register and you include a link to the FC (fighter control) postin your topic. Similar links to on-line photo albums containing the photos will also be acceptable.

We trust you will consider that this offers a small amount of flexibility which might help to give the full 'flavour' of a day out at a civilian airfield whilst still maintaining the general aim of the forum to be a civilian one.
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

PorkScratching
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by PorkScratching » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:58 am

Sounds like a very sensible decision to me :thumb:

Terry

Post by Terry » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:26 pm

Afternoon
I trust having come to a reasonable decision, you are now going to apply the same rule to the Aero Resource articles.
7 (minimum) out of the last 10 articles have been blatant military reports, not having read them I can't say if there was 10% civil content or not.
Terry
I got a little black book with me poems in

KyleG

Post by KyleG » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Terry wrote:Afternoon
I trust having come to a reasonable decision, you are now going to apply the same rule to the Aero Resource articles.
7 (minimum) out of the last 10 articles have been blatant military reports, not having read them I can't say if there was 10% civil content or not.
Terry
Quoting from SamP on Fighter Control responding to a complaint that civilian articles are being posted in the same section on there.
If you care to look above you'll see that this has been posted under the AeroResource Articles section of the forum; a section which promotes all articles published by AR and is present on both Civilian Aviation and Fighter Control and which operates irrelevantly of what content that forum consists of. AeroResource covers all aspects of aviation, as a result both civilian and military articles are published here. Equally, you'll find military related articles are posted in the respective section of the Civilian Aviation forum.
Hope that explains it.
Uniden UBC-3500XLT, Planeplotter
Canon EOS 50D/1100D

Terry

Post by Terry » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:24 pm

Hello Kyle
Sorry that explains merely that the operators (presumably the same people) of all 3 sites, are posting the same 'Aero Resource' articles on all 3 sites.
Aero Resource as your snippet informs us , doesn't differentiate between 'civil' and 'military', which is fine, I don't use it for exactly that reason.
What SamP and I are both complaining about is that the site operators are posting items which are out of context, on both a site purporting to be military , and a different site masquerading as 'civil' .
Obviously SamP and I are on similar wavelengths, but he has proportionately far less to object to.
Bluntly
If you need parts for your bicycle, you don't go to the greengrocers to get them.
Have fun
Terry
I got a little black book with me poems in

vortex003

Post by vortex003 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:50 pm

I'm struggling to understand this loathing of military aircraft to the extent that an odd photo here and there,or the mere mention of the word is so frowned upon by some.Surely it's all about aviation and aircraft at the end of the day - regardless of what colour scheme they are wearing?
If you really detest military aircraft so much,if one appears at the end of someones post just close it and move on to the next topic.

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:37 pm

vortex003 wrote:I'm struggling to understand this loathing of military aircraft to the extent that an odd photo here and there,or the mere mention of the word is so frowned upon by some.Surely it's all about aviation and aircraft at the end of the day - regardless of what colour scheme they are wearing?
If you really detest military aircraft so much,if one appears at the end of someones post just close it and move on to the next topic.
Hmmm..... me too. :???:

If Terry is at, say Schipol or Manchester, for the whole day - does he actually cover his eyes and ears if he finds out that a military aircraft is on the approach until it has gone past and is out of sight?

No, probably not !

There's already been some posts on CA when members have posted loads of photos at a busy civilian airport and I have yet to see anyone complain when they have included the odd photo of a military aircraft.

How about this fantastic post by Mark :- http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk/forum ... 10&t=18123

The same happens on FC, no-one ever complains if someone posts the odd civilian shot during a whole day at Coningsby or Warton etc., it is just a reflection of what happened at that particular airfield that day - that's all.

Thread locked.

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Return to “Photography rules and how to post”