Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Hi There

Introduce yourself here and feel free to ask any "newbie" questions that any of the beginners to the hobby have
Euan Buchan

Hi There

Post by Euan Buchan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:12 pm

Hi there Thought I'd join this site I was obsessed with Planes when I was younger my Grandpa would take me to a gate near the Airport and we watched Planes land and take off Edinburgh Airport used to have a balcony you could go to even though you weren't flying and watch planes there so went there a few times would go to Airshows as well I also have a huge interest in Birding It's ny main passion but I still like Planes I still look at planes when one flies by and when I'm at the airport I like looking out at the runway to see what's going on. After my Grandpa died in November I recently visited the path he and I used to go plane watching so mostly I see a plane I think of him.

andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Hi There

Post by andygolfer » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:32 am

welcome Euan, hope you enjoy the forum.
I think a lot of us have memories of those days when there were good viewing facilities at almost every airport - how times have changed!

I'm into a bit of birding myself - there are some of my pics in the general photography section

Andy
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:57 pm

Welcome to CA Euan, it's good to have another member from "Embra" on the forum, I worked at the airport from 1974 to 1981 and remember the viewing balconies in both the old terminal and the new one very well. Things have changed a lot since then, of course!

Mike. :)

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

jakdaw

Post by jakdaw » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:24 am

Welcome to the group hope you enjoy. I too have fond memories of my grandparents taking me to airfields as a kid and I am also a birder (though very amateur, I can tell he difference for the easy species but panic when I come across a warbler (I believe its all about there song)). :D

Euan Buchan

Post by Euan Buchan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:36 am

Thanks everyone great to be bere

Return to “The Newbie Forum.”