Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Company called Sanzoom

Please use this area for non-aviation related chat.
Fullenglish

Company called Sanzoom

Post by Fullenglish » Sun May 22, 2016 4:19 pm

I need to have a rant. Please excuse me while I get my soap box out again.

I bought a very nice radio which has airband on it. It's a Tecsun 660. It's a great radio The reviews are good. My trouble started last week when I turned it on and it burst into life and then promptly went completey dead. Absoluteluy no power whatsoever. So I thought ah the batteries need recharging, but no they didn't they were fully charged. So I put it through the mains, turned it on and nothing! ( I'm beginning to think I sound like John Cleese and the Parrot sketch!)

Now I bought this radio through Amazon. I have no gripe with Amazon. They even have what is known as an A-Z claim for faulty good, wrong orders etc and that is great because this makes the seller jump into action very quickly and I have done this before on faulty goods and got my money back.

However, this time I have a real problem. The radio was bought in October 2015 and I contacted the company SANZOON and they asked me to give more information. ( John Cleese again). They have refused to give me my money back or even offer to repair it on the basis that there returns policy is 6 months only and I was claiming after 7 months and therefore my claim is void according to them. Incidentally I payed £111.20 a the time. Maplin by the way are now doing this model for £79.99 free delivery.

I am extremely annoyed about this. Amazon are trying to bring pressure on them and if not even Tecsun the manufacturer.

Has anyone else had a similar experience. No dead parrot jokes please :cry:
Ah. I'd like to have an argument, please. ... Receptionist: Well, It's one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a course of ten.

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Company called Sanzoom

Post by Mike » Sun May 22, 2016 4:24 pm

Sorry to hear that, but I thought that all electrical goods had a minimum of a one year warranty?

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Fullenglish

Re: Company called Sanzoom

Post by Fullenglish » Mon May 23, 2016 5:10 am

So did I Mike
Not sure what to do at the moment.
Phil
Ah. I'd like to have an argument, please. ... Receptionist: Well, It's one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a course of ten.

Return to “General Chat Area”