Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Sat nav updates

Please use this area for non-aviation related chat.
beefsteak

Sat nav updates

Post by beefsteak » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:05 pm

Anybody know a decent 'safe' free site for updating Tom Tom sat navs please ? (European maps)

My last two cars have had it built in so my old Tom Tom has just sat there gathering dust and getting outdated, as we're off to Tenerife and mainland Spain this year I need to upgrade it, there have been loads of roads built over there courtesy of our European Union taxes particularly on Tenerife.
Tom Tom want nearly 40 quid to do it and the flipping thing is only worth about 50!

Thanks in advance.

Fullenglish

Re: Sat nav updates

Post by Fullenglish » Mon May 02, 2016 3:42 pm

Sorry I know it's a bit late but I just noticed your comments on this site. I've just bought a Tom Tom 25 and as far as I am aware you can't get free map updates unless you pay stupid prices. Like you my BM has an iDrive sat nav which is okay but it does have probems, hence I bought the Tom Tom.
Please let me know if you got anywhere as I would also be interested i an upgrade at some time.
Ah. I'd like to have an argument, please. ... Receptionist: Well, It's one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a course of ten.

beefsteak

Re: Sat nav updates

Post by beefsteak » Wed May 04, 2016 1:49 pm

Tried to reply to your PM but it keeps failing for some reason.
No I haven't found anything yet.

Return to “General Chat Area”