Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

AOR AR2001 Scanner with accessories

Got anything related to our aviation hobbies to sell? Want certain things to add to your inventory? - Advertise here....
PorkScratching
POTM & SPOTM winner

AOR AR2001 Scanner with accessories

Post by PorkScratching » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:31 pm

I have a classic AOR AR2001 scanner for sale, complete with original accessories. As many will know, these scanners were very highly regarded in their day, and still are. The reception on this unit is truly excellent, as is the sound quality. I have owned it for a number of years, and I'm only selling it because I have purchased a Signal R537. The accessories are as follows:

* Original AOR power supply.
* Original instruction manual.
* What I believe is the original BNC antenna.

It is in full working order, although being approximately 30 years old and having at least one owner prior to me, it is showing some signs of use. I'll list them here for completeness:

* There is a mark on the underside of the unit where a previous owner had stuck a strip of velcro.
* The original rubber feet have been replaced with alternatives, which work well (only mentioning because they're not the originals).
* Minor scratches on the case.
* The keyboard beep doesn't always work (sometimes there's a beep when pressing keys, sometimes there isn't).
* The attenuate switch is missing from the rear, but attenuation is definitely switched off because reception is excellent.
* The previous owner told me he replaced the keyboard with a new one. It certainly looks new, and I've only used it lightly.

The specifications are as follows:

* Continuous coverage from 25MHz to 550MHz (so covering both the civil VHF and military UHF airbands).
* AM, FM and narrow FM modes.
* 20 channel memory.
* Scan speed 5 channels per second.
* Size 138 x 80 x 200mm

A great addition to your desk or shack, especially if like me you only listen to a single frequency or scan a few frequencies. I am looking for £75 or nearest offer. Postage and (very good) packing will be £10, or you can collect from northeast London (after trying it out if you wish). Here's some photos:

PorkScratching
POTM & SPOTM winner

Re: AOR AR2001 Scanner with accessories

Post by PorkScratching » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:40 pm

Now sold.

Return to “For sale or wanted.”