Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Infinity & Beyond

Post your logs, movements and information for European that aren't covered above.
Terry

Infinity & Beyond

Post by Terry » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:34 pm

As Mike has made me feel suitable guilty for not posting about some of my little trips, I have decided you deserve some punishment, so here is a photographic diary for you. I pleaded guilty of posting lists of registrations without types, so no reg's no types, just pics.
I left home on August 24th with caravan to complete a 2 week spotting extravaganza,
Luxembourg,

L & P Junior, Flugaufstelling, Hermeskiel, Germany

Needless to say here were quite a few military aircraft too, but having moaned about the military content I dare not add them ( well any more) :lol:

I went from here via a puncture to the caravan site at the museum at Speyer for the night.

Next day I popped into Stuttgart for an hour and some supplies (beers & wursts :lol: )

Then off to Tannkosh a further couple of hours away, arriving Thursday late afternoon..

Sorry I couldn't resist this .......................... :o

There was a Mooney 'meet' at the same time/venue

Despite appearances this is NOT a Cessna

Being a meeting pre-dominantly for micro-lites, someone had to take the mickey !

This is a restored Saeta

I'll stop there and continue in part 2 with more Tannkosh, more Stuttgart & Hahnweide.
I got a little black book with me poems in

jakdaw

Re: Infinity & Beyond

Post by jakdaw » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:49 pm

Thanks for posting, pretty much covers most aspects of aviation. Like the helicopter and the guy who you caught unawares during his breakfast :lol: . I know your keeping it simple (no names no numbers) but I-A804 is presumably an Italian registration but is it a constructors reg or a secondary register, excuse my ignorance.

Terry

Post by Terry » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:03 pm

Hi Jakdaw
The Italian reg.
The original Italian micro-lites had a seperate registration system I followed by 4 numbers, it appears they have expired the supply, and I GUESS started with a revised system. I assume once they get to I-A999 they'll go to I-B001, we'll have to see.Still going to be a fairly short lived system, but as they say........ decide in haste, repent at your leisure :lol:
Have fun
Terry

jakdaw

Post by jakdaw » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:02 pm

Cheers great shots by the way.

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:27 am

That's an epic post Terry, I love to read and see the shots of your travels - absolutely fantastic and I can't wait for part 2. :D :thumbs: :thumb:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Terry

Post by Terry » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:35 am

Tannkosh have a website with a lot of pics too..............http://www.tannkosh.de/322.0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On Monday lunchtime I drove from Tannheim up to Aichelsberg which was about 8 miles from Kircheim Unter Teck (nearest town to Hahnweide)
and about 25 miles from Stuttgart Airport, so the next few days were spent there at STR, some days the weather was good so I set up the SBS.

By Thursday I was bored so went to Nabern a small strip near Hahnweide, only to find a glider strip Dettingen Unter Teck literally next door.

It was pretty quiet so back to STR.

This Tante ju was doing sightseeing trips & Lufthansa left it here overnight .

Next morning I arrived at Hahnweide at 10.30 to find all the fields around heaving with campers, tents , all sorts !
http://www.oldtimer-hahnweide.de/home.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The P.A. was unbelievably loud & the guy kept yelling making it painfully loud, the rain showers were on and off so I left early.
Next day I found a spot outside the airfield where they were turning onto base leg so sat there all day I was maybe 1.5 miles from the airfield and I could still faintly hear the P.A. !

By about 16.00 it went a bit quiet & from my spot up the hill I had seen a/c taking off from Nabern, so I went back for a look.
The place was heaving , it's the 'overflow' field for Hahnweide (limited to 350 a/c).

Then about 18.00 the a/c from Hanweide started doing low passes !

That was it by 19.00 I was shattered , went back to Aichelsberg and readied to depart Sunday morning.
Have fun
Terry

jakdaw

Post by jakdaw » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:17 pm

More great shots, thank you, like the Me262 great looking aircraft and if the phrase "if it looks good, it flies good" thank god they were too late and used wrong. Like the Mooneys too.

Terry

Post by Terry » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:50 pm

Hi Jakdaw
In all honesty it was the Me 262 I most wanted to see, no good reason, I am not at all interested in military stuff usually. I must also admit I thought it was a replica built by Me themselves & was a bit peeved to find it was an American built machine. Still bloo*y amazing though.
The small jet demo-ing at Tannheim threw me too, a friend asked did I see the Bede BD5 and I argued there was no BD5 there ,only to find out it was a Spanish Hispana HA 300 Saeta preserved/rebuilt by Messerschmidt (D-INMS).
Have fun
Terry

Return to “The rest of Europe”