Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Visiting Denham

this sub forum is for all Denham related topics such as airfield information, logs and requests for tie ups
neil305

Visiting Denham

Post by neil305 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:42 pm

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or been covered before but I would just like to ask if normal folk are allowed into Denham Aerodrome to take photographs of the planes/helicopters there as it looks like a nice place to visit.

Would also like to ask how busy the airfield is during weekdays. Replies would be much appreciated. :)

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Visiting Denham

Post by Mike » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi Neil, I've moved it into the Lounge as it's aviation related - I hope someone can help you. :)

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

EGVP
POTM winner

Post by EGVP » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:08 pm

Been a couple of times at the weekend, parked in the car park, checked in at the ops/briefing room on the north side, they're happy for you to walk around as long as you don't do anything stupid! There's also a nice little cafe with seating that's "land-side" of the barrier.

What used to be Cabair on the southern side were always a bit more hostile, so I gave up trying! Finally, Heli Air really dislike spotters, so avoid their hangars like the plague, and don't shoot in to them if they're open!

neil305

Post by neil305 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:42 pm

Thank you for the info, I presume the briefing room is near Hangar Road? Also seems a shame that Heliair are so hostile towards spotters. :(

EGVP
POTM winner

Post by EGVP » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:31 am

It is - if you park in the car park on the right hand side of the road, cross over, walk past the hangar (remaining on the grass, not the apron) you'll come to the fence, cafe on your left, briefing room beyond that :)

Return to “Denham”