Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

A few fields Mid day 23.04.10.

Post your logs, movements and information for airports located in the South and South West of England.
Terry

A few fields Mid day 23.04.10.

Post by Terry » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:09 pm

Today I had to go collect a bent car from Salisbury. Usually when I pop into airfields I try to do so with either no or an empty trailer. Today the guy was waiting with the car so I collected it from right near Old Sarum airfield ( but it is awkward to get into). So I set off back to Fleet.
My roundabout route took me past The Museum of Army Flying at Middle Wallop. I knew they had army helo's there didn't realise they had some Grob Tutors too. Only managed to read off G BYVX, from the road.
Then on to Popham where there is a bit more space.

G BIUP , G AVNC , D EBBW , G CDHR , G BSBT , G CDMS , N6907E , G ASVM , G DENC , G AGXN , G ASFL , G AXBH , G BDVB , G BJBW , G TPSL
I took a couple of general shots . The runway is parallel to the row of planes between them and the row of trees,behind which is the main A303

This is the 'back' field, theres a lot more aircraft than you can see, but its quite wooded.

G BOKW , G NIGE , G BPAB , G BOTP , G CCYR , G CEDV , G FIFO , G CDHR , G BMWF , G CERE , G BFPG , G BRBI , G CPHP , G BIXB , G ATXO ,
G BPAW , G MABE , G BJAV , G AVNW , G LZZY , G OSZB and as I was leaving G BXUM was trailered in ! NOT a complete listing.

Colour is a bit off because most shots were taken into the sun.
Have fun
Terry
I got a little black book with me poems in

Return to “Southern England and the Channel Isles”