Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Shobdon Log and Info 21-3-10

Post your logs, movements and information for airports in central England - the Midlands and East Anglia.
SteveJ

Shobdon Log and Info 21-3-10

Post by SteveJ » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:42 pm

We decided as the weather forecast was ok to take a trip to Shobdon today, first time this year. I thought rather than just stick a list on the screen I'd put a bit of extra info on for anyone who hasn't been before, apologies to those that have.

Location: Get yourself into Shobdon village which is on the B4362, when you enter the village from the east you will pass a convenience store on your left, just past this just past this take the first left and first left again which has an airfield sign pointing down the lane. Follow this lane ( watch out for the speed bumps )and eventually the airfield will come into view, when nearly at the bottom turn left through a five bar gate and onto a grass field where you will see everybody parked, parking is usually free unless there is an event on.

On Site & Facilities: There is a brick built toilet block on the field but if this is locked there are other toilets in the cafe. Visiting aircraft are usually parked straight in front of you, and resident parking is to your left in front of the control tower. You can walk from the field to the cafe following the signs which will take you across the front of one end of the hangar which is normally open. From in front of the cafe you can see up to the eastern end of the airfield which is where most of the gliding and helicopter activity takes place. The cafe comes highly recommended especially after today's visit but can get a little crowded at the weekend but there is extra seating outside.
I have never approached the people at Shobdon regarding looking around the hangars as I'm quite content to see what I can see through the open door without venturing inside.

So here goes with today's offerings, this is not a complete list as there were some microlights in the hangar with covers on and also gliders in trailers. The list comprises residents and visitors seen between 11.15 & 15.40

G-ATON PA 28 CHEROKEE 140
G-ATOR PA 28 CHEROKEE 140
G-AXIX AIRTOURER
G-AYGX CESSNA 172
G-AZCU BEAGLE PUP
G-AZRP AIRTOURER
G-AZXD CESSNA 172
G-BAFP CEA DR400/160
G-BAHS PA 28R ARROW II
G-BAOU AA5 TRAVELLER
G-BAPW PA 28R CHEROKEE ARROW
G-BBJV CESSNA 177
G-BDEH JODEL D120
G-BDWH RALLYE 150T
G-BHAA CESSNA 152
G-BHLH CEA DR400/180
G-BHOZ TB9 TAMPICO
G-BLLO PA 18 SUPER CUB
G-BLWY ROBIN R2160
G-BNKC CESSNA 152
G-BNKD CESSNA 172
G-BOIR CESSNA 152
G-BOMO PA 38 TOMAHAWK
G-BORW CESSNA 172
G-BOXV PITTS SPECIAL
G-BPPF PA 38 TOMAHAWK
G-BSLU PA 28 CHEROKEE 140
G-BTAL CESSNA 152
G-BTUB YAK11
G-BTUG RALLYE 180T
G-BVIL MAULE MXT-7
G-BXIJ EUROPA
G-BYTM BANBI
G-BZOB SLEPCEV STORCH
G-CBKD GAZELLE
G-CBUU PEGASUS QUANTUM
G-CDHM PEGASUS QUANTUM
G-CDIF CAP 10
G-CDME VANS RV-7
G-CESD SKYRANGER SWIFT
G-CFEJ DISCUS B GLIDER
G-CHNF DUO DISCUS GLIDER
G-CHNK PZL SZD 51 GLIDER
G-CHVT VENTUS-2B GLIDER
G-CJDU BLANIK L13 GLIDER
G-CJJF SCHLEICHER ASW 27 GLIDER
G-CJOV SCHLEICHER ASW 27 GLIDER
G-CJTU DUO DISCUS GLIDER
G-CROL MAULE MXT-7
G-DAND TB10 TOBAGO
G-DESH CENTRAIR 101A GLIDER
G-DINA AA5 TIGER
G-EWHT ROBIN R2112
G-EZZY EV-97 EUROSTAR
G-FBRN PA 28 181 ARCHER
G-FLUZ LS8 GLIDER
G-GMKD ROBIN HR200/120B
G-JADW IKARUS C42
G-NROY PA 32R LANCE II
G-OIBO PA28 CHEROKEE 180
G-OPET PA 28 ARCHER II
G-OPHA ROBINSON R44
G-OPME PA 23 AZTEC
G-POCO CESSNA 152
G-RVRF PA 38 TOMAHAWK
G-SWCT FLIGHT DESIGN CTSW
G-TDOG BULLDOG XX538
G-TIMK PA 28 ARCHER II
G-UDGE THRUSTER T600N
G-WILD PITTS SPECIAL
G-YVES PIONEER 300
N147CD CIRRUS SR20
N2943D PA 28R ARROW IV
N957T PA 32R SARATOGA

Hope this helps

Steve

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Shobdon Log and Info 21-3-10

Post by Mike » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:31 pm

Interesting stuff Steve,that's a place I've never been and I've had this bug since 1964 !
I remember seeing G-ATON & 'TOR when they were part of the CSE fleet at Kidlington just after they were delivered new in 1967(ish).

Blimey,doesn't time fly :lol:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

SteveJ

Re: Shobdon Log and Info 21-3-10

Post by SteveJ » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:48 pm

Mike,

G-ATOR had a paint job last year and looks in really nice condition now but I'm still to get a decent picture of either !

Regards

Steve

Return to “Midlands and East Anglia”