Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Cranfield Festival of Flight, 17/09/16

Post your airshow images here, military aircraft that attend civilian airshows can be posted as long as the bulk of the photos in the thread are of civilian participants.
TheMightyOz
POTM & SPOTM winner

Cranfield Festival of Flight, 17/09/16

Post by TheMightyOz » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:20 pm

The 17th September saw Cranfield University celebrate it's 70th anniversary with a "Festival of Flight". Unfortunately, due to the weather, flight was somehwat limited with only 3 acts displaying. However, if you prefer quality to quantity, you'd do hard to beat Chris Burkett flying an aerobatic routine in his Extra 300 in unison with a 40% scale model remotely piloted by Mike Williams, John Romain displaying the Blenheim which sounded beautiful as the engine noise echoed off the Cranfield hangars and Peter Teichman in his Mustang, no longer painted as "Jumpin' Jacques" and now "Tall In The Saddle". It was a shame about the weather, but the event still offered the opportunity to see some unusual airframes, get up close to a Lightning and it was the first time I'd seen multiple Jetstreams in one place since RIAT 2009. Anyway, on with the pictures. I hope they're of interest.

G-EXIL Extra 300 with 40% scale replica

G-EXIL Extra 300

G-COAI Cranfield A.1

G-BCUO Scottish Aviation Bulldog

G-RAVL Handley Page HP137 Jetstream Series 200

G-NFLA BAe Jetstream 31

ES-PJA BAe Jetstream 31

G-BPIV/L6739 Bristol Blenheim

G-BWXT Slingsby T-67M260 Firefly

XS458 Lightning

G-LUXE BAe 146-301

G-MAFA Cessna F406 Caravan II

G-AXIA Beagle Pup

Electroflight P1e full scale model

G-SIJJ North American P-51D Mustang

G-MTHT CFM Shadow Series CD

Cheers,
Oz

gosman767

Re: Cranfield Festival of Flight, 17/09/16

Post by gosman767 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:19 pm

Nice pics, love the Lightning....my first posting after my Halton apprenticeship was 111 Sqdn Lightnings (1968 sooo long ago)

Return to “Airshows/Events”