Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

GA & Gliders

Any issues with the CivilianAviation forum? Please post them in here for the team to help.
WingNut

GA & Gliders

Post by WingNut » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:48 pm

A question about the " Only GA & Gliders in here please" section.

I know what gliders are but I'm at a loss as to what is meant by the " GA". I've been
trying hard to figure it out and I feel silly for asking but it's driving me nuts.
I hide some of my shots HERE

Martin

Re: GA & Gliders

Post by Martin » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:54 pm

WingNut wrote:A question about the " Only GA & Gliders in here please" section.

I know what gliders are but I'm at a loss as to what is meant by the " GA". I've been
trying hard to figure it out and I feel silly for asking but it's driving me nuts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_aviation

Regards
Martin

WingNut

Post by WingNut » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:09 pm

Thanks Martin. Believe it or not that's the first time I've ever heard of that.

EGVP
POTM winner

Post by EGVP » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:51 am

Quite a common term in the UK, not sure about Europe and the rest of the world, however!

noryport
POTM winner

Post by noryport » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:51 pm

General aviation (GA) is all civil aviation operations other than scheduled air services and non-scheduled air transport operations for remuneration or hire.[1] General aviation flights range from gliders and powered parachutes to corporate jet flights. The majority of the world's air traffic falls into this category, and most of the world's airports serve general aviation exclusively.[2]

General aviation covers a large range of activities, both commercial and non-commercial, including flying clubs, flight training, agricultural aviation, light aircraft manufacturing and maintenance.[3]...I have highlighted this from the extract contained in the Wicky blurb,about the the definition of G.A(general aviation) and wonder why we have a different section for bizz and prop jets. :whistle: :halo: .It would narrow the field a little in the posting to threads and make things easier,simpler and better. :roll: just an observation not meant to rock the boat in semantics in how we go about things ... :)
Keep on pressing them buttons, to get your numbers up...Tell your friend s too :ninja:

WingNut

Post by WingNut » Thu May 01, 2014 1:08 am

ChrisGlobe wrote:Quite a common term in the UK, not sure about Europe and the rest of the world, however!
It's not a term I was familiar with in my part of Canada. I've always heard it referred to as
civil aviation.

Return to “Technical Board”