Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

View Your Posts

Any issues with the CivilianAviation forum? Please post them in here for the team to help.
WingNut

View Your Posts

Post by WingNut » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:04 am

How do I remove threads from the " View Your Posts " drop down menu?

I've tried to figure it out on my own but can't seem to find a way?

Thanks for your help...
I hide some of my shots HERE

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: View Your Posts

Post by Mike » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:07 am

It's just a link that takes you to all of your posts, why would you want to remove them?

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

WingNut

Post by WingNut » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:46 am

I look at other threads but I keep track of where I post by using the " view your post option. "
I'm not here to rearrange the furniture but I'm used to a " subscribe " or unsubscribe " option
in forums and I thought this one might have one. The purpose of my post was to see if that
option existed.

Over time that list is going to get quite long I would imagine.

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi Wingnut, the "Subscribe topic" option is on the bottom-left of each thread - is that what you mean fella? :)

WingNut

Post by WingNut » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:03 pm

Mike I saw that before and tried it and it wasn't what I was after. I don't think there is a way to do what I was hoping it could.
It's no big deal. I'll get used to things the more I use it. I like this site as well as it's brother and I hope to use them a lot.
Problem is when I'm in camp for two weeks at a time our satellite internet is so slow I can't view the pictures or upload my stuff.

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:10 pm

OK, I'm just trying to help but I'm still not sure what you actually want !

EGVP
POTM winner

Post by EGVP » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:02 am

Trying to work this out...
  • View your posts shows you every topic that you have posted in
  • Subscribe topic emails you when a new post is added to a topic
  • Subscribe forum emails you when a new topic is added to a forum
I'd imagine what you're trying to do is have a list of topics that interest you so you can see new posts in them? This isn't possible with phpBB as far as I'm aware, or at least not without a modification installed.

WingNut

Post by WingNut » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:04 pm

ChrisGlobe wrote:Trying to work this out...
  • View your posts shows you every topic that you have posted in
  • Subscribe topic emails you when a new post is added to a topic
  • Subscribe forum emails you when a new topic is added to a forum
I'd imagine what you're trying to do is have a list of topics that interest you so you can see new posts in them? This isn't possible with phpBB as far as I'm aware, or at least not without a modification installed.
That's close but not quite. I'll try and explain it a bit better considering you added what you did.

In most forums that I frequent one can elect to subscribe to threads they post in. In the settings you can choose to be advised by e-mail that someone has replied. You can choose not to be advised as well but the thread itself will remain in your " subscribed " section until you choose to " unsubscribe ". If you " unsubscribe " the thread will not show up on the list unless you post in it again. If you do post again it will be on your subscription list again and there until you remove it again.

The way this board is set up there isn't an option to follow ones posts except for the " view your posts " section. Over time that list will get quite lengthy I suppose so it will be a matter of using the " Display posts from previous " option and making the selection that suits you.

Like I said it's no big deal. It's just a matter of me becoming familiar and over time I will.

Return to “Technical Board”