Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Where is this Advanced Search ?

Any issues with the CivilianAviation forum? Please post them in here for the team to help.
widmeister

Where is this Advanced Search ?

Post by widmeister » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:55 pm

I have been trying to find topics using the "search this forum" box. I searched for luton as I know I have a post with this in the title (I see it when I click to see summary of all my posts). Nothing returned. I then tried an experiment by searching the word oldies. It returned two hits including a post with this in the title. I picked another random thread which I could clearly see in the forum and used that search -- bremen. It returned nothing. This seems very inconsistent.

So, in the FAQ I read that "advanced search" is available on ALL pages of the forum. I can not find it anywhere. The logical place I would expect it to be is beside the normal search box. It evades my eyeballs. Does this function no longer exist or is it hidden somewhere I am not looking ?

Cheers for now,

Woody

MikeB
Administrator

Re: Where is this Advanced Search ?

Post by MikeB » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:35 pm

Sorry for the delay in someone getting back to you, you can find the advanced search at this link: http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk/forum/search.php

widmeister

Post by widmeister » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:00 am

Thanks for the link. Alas it is another link to have to remember but it takes me there. In the FAQ it states
'Advanced search can be accessed by clicking the “Advance Search” link which is available on all pages on the forum.'

This is what I can not find. It seems that it is something that should be there but isn't. Will this be fixed at some point ?

Cheers

Woody

MikeB
Administrator

Post by MikeB » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:53 pm

I've just added it to the bar along the top for you, next to FAQ.

widmeister

Post by widmeister » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:44 pm

Excellent.

Cheers.

Return to “Technical Board”