Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Cardiff flights

Post your logs, movements and information for Cardiff here.
beefsteak

Cardiff flights

Post by beefsteak » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:03 pm

Simple query please people, how many flights (roughly) a day do you get through Cardiff (Not during rugby time) We may be stopping at the Holiday Inn there shortly and it's whether I'll need to take the big lens with me or not.
Thanks in advance.

mach one
POTM winner

Re: Cardiff flights

Post by mach one » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:11 pm

have a look at SWAG it is a great site for all things cardiff

http://cardiffstathan.blogspot.co.uk/

the normally post all departures and arrivals so will give a good idea of daily movements and they also list one off and GA movements

welshdan1927

Post by welshdan1927 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:04 am

As an example today we have 18 inbounds and a similar number of departures, that's between 8am and 11pm so it gets very quiet.
We do get a fair few bits and bobs training, and of course if you're lucky there's a BAMC movement (we're now one of the only airports in the UK that you're guaranteed to see a B747 at.
From the holiday inn you need not bother with an enormous lens, 300mm will suffice, most bits park on stands 1-6 nowadays, and if 30 is in use (likely) everything will taxi past you.

Worth noting shuttle bus from terminal will take you round to rhoose station; from there is a short walk up to the flying club for a cracking breakfast and some great side-on runway shots.

beefsteak

Post by beefsteak » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:06 pm

Thanks alot people :clap:

We're still not sure if we're coming down yet. The wife wants to visit that St Fagans museum, so I said ok as they do a lot to cater for the disabled, it's all dependant on whether she can get the time off for the Easter hols.

mach one
POTM winner

Post by mach one » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:35 pm

beefsteak wrote:Thanks alot people :clap:

We're still not sure if we're coming down yet. The wife wants to visit that St Fagans museum, so I said ok as they do a lot to cater for the disabled, it's all dependant on whether she can get the time off for the Easter hols.
I like the museum at st fagans it is well worth a visit :thumb:

welshdan1927

Post by welshdan1927 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:44 am

mach one wrote:
beefsteak wrote:Thanks alot people :clap:

I like the museum at st fagans it is well worth a visit :thumb:
Have they got the Vulcan pub up and running there yet? :thumb:

Return to “Cardiff”