Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Commonwealth Heads of Government Conference next week

Post your logs, movements and information for London Stansted here.
andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Commonwealth Heads of Government Conference next week

Post by andygolfer » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:52 am

You may be aware by now that the Commonwealth Heads of Government Conference takes place next week (16th to 20th April) and it is highly likely that there will be a number of high sensitivity flights arriving in connection with this and probably over the preceding weekend i.e. 14th and 15th April.

Myself and others have been discussing this with the police via the Planewatch scheme and they agreed to open the Aerozone to a limited number of members on the 15th on a pre-advised list i.e. don't turn up on the day please, you won't get in. The members who have been successful have been advised of that.

The police asked me to publish the following message which I trust you will adhere to:
I understand that there has been significant interest from Plane Watch members in the Aerozone morning (15th) which due to the restriction on numbers has left a number of disappointed members. I would therefore like you to remind members that there are restrictions in the Stansted Business Park and Essex Police are keen that enthusiasts and spotters do not trespass on these areas which would result in a breach of the bye-laws. I of course realise that not all visitors to the airport who watch aircraft are members of Plane Watch so please make the wider enthusiast community aware.

Additionally I would like to appeal to those attending the airport that should they see any suspicious behaviour on the fence line or in the area of the airport that they report their concerns to Essex Police on this telephone number 01279 680298, thank you

I wasn't at the Planewatch event at the Aerozone last wednesday but those who attended were told by a member of the police team that northside will be completely shut off for the duration of the summit. The original statement does not make that fully clear but I suggest that it will be best to assume it is closed unless we see something from the authorities which says something different is published. Please comply with that request, thank you.

Andrew
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

Return to “London Stansted”