Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Leeds East

Post your logs, movements and information for Leeds Bradford here.
rhubarb

Leeds East

Post by rhubarb » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:51 pm

Hi all,
I keep hearing reference to Leeds East on Leeds Bradford, Linton and Doncaster approaches. I assume this is referring to old RAF Church Fenton ? I read stuff about it being possibly sold to a consortiume wanting to encourage business jet activity. Is it Fenton then and if so what is the latest please ? Or have I got it totally wrong ?
:???:
Cheers
"A Rhubarb is a sortie of opportunity "

tb2

Re: Leeds East

Post by tb2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:11 pm

http://leedseastairport.co.uk/

Should reveal all.

Trevor

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:07 pm

Also home to Church Fenton Studios (where they filmed some of the Victoria series)

Bobbybefc

Post by Bobbybefc » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:02 pm

:D

Thanks Trevor, did not know the change of name- must say liked Church Fenton better.

Bob :D
Bobby B EFC :cool:

rhubarb

Post by rhubarb » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:57 pm

Thanks lads. I am pleased that the aerodrome is still being used for flying. So many great historic strips of aviation concrete have had the x treatment delivered by various governmental m.o.d cost cuttings over recent years. I think that perhaps someone has forgotten what dispersal means in Whitehall ! Well I hope it continues to operate but I doubt it will ever be a serious threat to Leeds Bradford. Doncaster will I believe go on to dominate the air cargo market in the North of England :thumbs:
"A Rhubarb is a sortie of opportunity "

Return to “Leeds Bradford”