Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Fake and Real Equipment for SLR Camera

If you are looking to buy new gear and need advice or would like to review your equipment for the membership please use the Tech Talk sub forum
radio_ryan

Fake and Real Equipment for SLR Camera

Post by radio_ryan » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:47 pm

Good Evening

Can any one tell me now i can tell real from Fake equipment for the make of Canon, i have had a New lens EFS 55 - 250mm (Canon Lens), but it seems to be not have good has the one that came with the Camera and the lens that came with it have a number on the lens like a S/N the other has NOT and it a off set black and grey.

can any tell me please if the lens should have a number or is it like a 2 blacks/greyy colours to it.

I got it on line for a good shop.

(note to Mods if i should not say the Camera make please feel free to edit out and reword, due to not being sure if i can or not)

radio_ryan

Re: Fake and Real Equipnment for SLR for Camera

Post by radio_ryan » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:21 pm

Up dated on my post, been looking more on the net and found this

http://www.pinoyphotography.org/forum/i ... ic=72141.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think i had one of the bags has it started to fall apart after 2 weeks. it just the lens I am wondering about, due to no s/n on it

has any got one who can tell me if their has a s/n on the bottle of it and it it just one colour black.

thnak for any help any one may be able to give

EGVP
POTM winner

Post by EGVP » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:31 pm

What does your lens look like? Can you take a photo?

mach one
POTM winner

Post by mach one » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:35 pm

It would seem that there are some fake canon lenses floating about in hong kong and other areas of the far east, what makes you think your lens may be a fake

The 55-250 canon lens that I looked at was an entry level canon lens and it was all plastic including the lens mount it was very light weight and did not feel that good a lens, but the photos that it took were ok for a lens of that price

Most but not all of the Canon lens range have a serial number on the lens mount

radio_ryan

Post by radio_ryan » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:18 pm

here is a photo take with the cammera and the len

Below is 2 of the best photo it took

below are one it got wronge

been told it the camera either has a faulty CCD or the meter is screwed in Av mode the camera speed or shutter speed is all over the place. Can any one tell if the camera is faulty or the lens or I am doing some this wrong/missing something.

the colours look dull and i am told the image looks muddy too

thank you for your help and views

Return to “Tech Talk”