Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Trident 1c G-ARPO

this forum is for discussions and information on restoration projects such as project updates, visits, open days and any new projects starting or any other relevant pieces of information
Trident mover

Trident 1c G-ARPO

Post by Trident mover » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:19 pm

Hi All, I am new on here and would like to highlight to you all about the Hawker Siddeley Trident 1c G-ARPO that we are restoring at the Nelsam aircraft museum in Sunderland. Before bringing the Trident to Sunderland we dismantled the tail and wings where she had been as a smoke trainer at Durham Tees valley airport. This is the last full example of this aircraft remaining and we have steadily started to restore her . We will tell the whole of the Trident aircraft story and we hope to be able to show off the front cabin galley, and cockpit next May. Some will criticise us but hopefully the majority will like it as we giving her a bit of a twist .We are keeping the cockpit as a 1c and the rear cabin BA ,but putting the front cabin as BKS and the outside in the Northeast livery. Inside we shall have cabinets telling the trident story and memorabilia
To be able to get to show her we still have a couple of areas we need to fulfil and they are to raise the money for the material for the seat covers on the 33 seats in the front cabin as well as to be able to pay for a sprayer for a week to spray the outside . We will need to raise £2500 to give us the top quality job that these 2 areas require and we have 520.00 remaining from this years funds towards it. Our website www.savethetrident.org shows all what we have done and also if anyone would like to donate towards this project they can through it safely.
Also we would like to expand our team so if any one wants to help us with the restoration we will be glad of the help
regards tony

andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Trident 1c G-ARPO

Post by andygolfer » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:04 pm

I've e-mailed Tony and we hope to have an up to date report on this project soon. Will be a real treat for those in the north east to be able to see this locally when it's complete.
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

norwichmike
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by norwichmike » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:21 pm

andygolfer wrote:I've e-mailed Tony and we hope to have an up to date report on this project soon. Will be a real treat for those in the north east to be able to see this locally when it's complete.
Andy,

Did you get a response from Tony? I am friends with Neil who is also part of this and could pester him for an update if needed?

Mike B
Mike B

norwichmike
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by norwichmike » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:22 pm

I'm sure Neil won't mind me linking this. But his recent photographs of the project....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/neil_loma ... 5426224146

I had the pleasure of visiting last year and arranged with Neil to have a look round. Fair play to the guys it's a real treat. Just a shame it's so far from Norfolk for me!

Mike B
Mike B

Nomis

Post by Nomis » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:59 pm

Would have seen G-ARPO many times as a youngster. Indeed it would have flown over my house in Bracknell many time, so it's really good to see her looking so fine!

Bat 21
POTY, POTM & SPOTM winner
Location: Northumberland (The Big Bit Between Newcastle & Scotland)

Post by Bat 21 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:37 am

Not been to the museum since the Trident arrived.

Does look as though the Northeast yellow scheme is underway, as this shot I took on June 15th (2015) shows.
ImageNeMuseum by Nigel Fenwick, on Flickr

Bat 21
Location: Northumberland (The Big Bit Between Newcastle & Scotland)

My Pics on Jetphos

https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/95829/photos

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:09 am

That's some stepladder you have. :whistle:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Return to “Restoration Scene”