Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Rallye Repaint at Newark Air Museum

this forum is for discussions and information on restoration projects such as project updates, visits, open days and any new projects starting or any other relevant pieces of information
NAM Updater

Rallye Repaint at Newark Air Museum

Post by NAM Updater » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:02 pm

Earlier today the Rallye came out of its repaint and went back onto display; a news item has been added in here and some photos have been added to the Restoration & Behind The Scenes album!

jakdaw

Re: Rallye Repaint at Newark Air Museum

Post by jakdaw » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:25 am

Not to everyones taste but I cannot think of anywhere else that has a preserved Rallye and it looks good, nice to see Kathy S joining the likes of Sally B and Just Jane :)

NAM Updater

Post by NAM Updater » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:53 am

The autumn time refurbishment publicity that this project received in a couple of aviation magazines has resulted in some interesting contacts from people that learnt to fly on the type, which itself added an unexpected civilian slant to one of the museum’s themes of ‘training’.

As for the naming it was a real surprise for everyone yesterday. The competition for the colour scheme was held earlier in the year and the winning colour scheme was voted on by the regular volunteers at the museum. :ninja: It also explained why the aircraft had been under a set of dust covers in the workshop for the last couple of weeks.

NAM Updater

Post by NAM Updater » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:33 am

Some genuine questions that I have been asked in the last 24 hours that the forum might be able to help with:

Are there many Rallyes still flying?

Are there many Rallyes still flying in the East Midlands?

Any feedback greatly appreciated! :D

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:53 am

It's looking rather good now Howard, well done to all involved in the project. :) :thumb:

Much better than the last time I saw the old girl in 2008................

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

NAM Updater

Post by NAM Updater » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:18 pm

The Rallye does look good - I managed to get some better shots today in some nice sunshine.

Any feedback on the questions? :D

jakdaw

Post by jakdaw » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:19 am

G-INFO, the CAA database, has 72 members of the Rallye family listed.

And Sturgate has a MS894 G-CCZA which is usually outside when I go past. East Midlands has G-BBED based according to LAASI at least till last January.

NAM Updater

Post by NAM Updater » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:11 am

Brilliant Jackdaw, I didn’t realise that you could search G-INFO in that way – exactly what I was looking for; many thanks! :thumbs:

NAM Updater

Post by NAM Updater » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:16 am

A few photographs that were taken in the warm wintery sunshine on 8th December have been added to the Restoration & Behind The Scenes album on the NAM website - one is of the Rallye. Enjoy!

Return to “Restoration Scene”