Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Hello from Cheltenham. SA rugby player playing for Gloucester with a passion for aviation

Introduce yourself here and feel free to ask any "newbie" questions that any of the beginners to the hobby have
Franco Marais

Hello from Cheltenham. SA rugby player playing for Gloucester with a passion for aviation

Post by Franco Marais » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:48 am

Im a Sout African rugby player that moved to Gloucester about 4 months ago. I have a PPL license and love flying and everything about aviation. Im thinking of importing my Dads plane from SA to Staverton airport but first need to do my homework on all the cost that will be involved in this. Any help will be greatly appreciated from CAA regulations to insurance and maintanance cost etc. Looking forward to reading more about UK aviation on this site.

Franco Marais

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Hello from Cheltenham. SA rugby player playing for Gloucester with a passion for aviation

Post by Mike » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:01 pm

Welcome to the forum Franco, it's good to have you aboard. :)

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

PorkScratching
POTM & SPOTM winner

Re: Hello from Cheltenham. SA rugby player playing for Gloucester with a passion for aviation

Post by PorkScratching » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:05 pm

Good though this site is, it's aimed mainly at photographers/spotters, rather than pilots/owners (although some of us fit in both categories). You'll get much more information over on the Flyer Forum (https://forums.flyer.co.uk/), and I can highly recommend it. Staverton is an excellent choice BTW.

Return to “The Newbie Forum.”