Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Hi from Guernsey

Introduce yourself here and feel free to ask any "newbie" questions that any of the beginners to the hobby have
GCIJem

Hi from Guernsey

Post by GCIJem » Tue May 02, 2017 7:18 pm

I returned to 'spotting' in 2014 after an 18 year break (I'm blaming Flightradar 24) & am enjoying being back in the swing of things, I'm mainly interested in commercial aircraft/airlines which means I don't get much variety as my local airport GCI is mainly populated with Aurigny & Blue Islands aircraft. Luckily the skies above the island provide some interesting overflights.

I only discovered this site a few days ago & look forward to contributing - I've already uploaded some old pics & have more to post in time.

Jez
Pics taken as record shots only - no competition entries here :)

LondonEye
POTM & SPOTM winner

Re: Hi from Guernsey

Post by LondonEye » Tue May 02, 2017 7:58 pm

Hi Jez,
see you have already posted some BMA and Air UK pics. Well done, it's great to share.
I have only been to Guernsey once. I enjoyed seeing the Aurigny Trislanders in different schemes.
Welcome,
Pete.

GCIJem

Re: Hi from Guernsey

Post by GCIJem » Tue May 02, 2017 8:05 pm

Sadly there's only one airworthy Trislander left now & it's rumoured to be heading to Duxford once Aurigny have finished with it in a few months time.
Pics taken as record shots only - no competition entries here :)

Return to “The Newbie Forum.”