Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

The Newbie Forum - an introduction.

Introduce yourself here and feel free to ask any "newbie" questions that any of the beginners to the hobby have
tailwind56

Re: The Newbie Forum - an introduction.

Post by tailwind56 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:37 pm

Hi all

Eddie from deepest Wiltshire here, been a spotter since I was 12, which was 50 years ago. Great to be on board. Thanks for having me.

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:40 am

Welcome aboard, Eddie. :thumb:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

ConcordeC

Post by ConcordeC » Wed May 22, 2019 1:22 pm

Afternoon all, I'm Colin (aka Concorde Colin) and have been spotting since 1969, now aged 62 and retired I'm still at it!

I live in Isleworth just a couple of miles east of LHR/EGLL and am lucky enough to be right between the two westerly runway approach paths so rarely miss anything here, I do though get out and about a fair bit and in the past few weeks and called in at Booker, Fairoaks, Kemble, Shawbury, Barton, Bagby, Sibson, London City and to name but a few.

Numbers is still what drives me but I do also take pics from time to time, I'm also a lapsed PPL/A and like nothing more than just chilling at an airfield.... might do Denham tomorrow? :)

Mike

Post by Mike » Wed May 22, 2019 2:26 pm

Welcome to the forum, it's good to have you aboard Colin. :thumb:

ConcordeC

Post by ConcordeC » Wed May 22, 2019 3:23 pm

Thanks Mike, hopefully I'll be able to make a contribution now and again

11E

Post by 11E » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:43 pm

Hello all,
My name is Lesley and my username is 11E. Spotting (military) since 1981 and since 2009 also civil (numbers only). Only number crunching with a telescope and a notebook which is a rather rare profession these days. Long time ago I was in the air force and nowadays I work with UAVs. I live close to Kleine Brogel, Dusseldorf and Eindhoven and together with my son, which I teach the noble art of numbercrunching, I visit often these airports/bases.

Regards,
Lesley

Mart1nCWils0n

Post by Mart1nCWils0n » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:05 pm

Good evening, my name is Martin, thankyou for admitting me to the group. I am definitely more of an oldie than a newbie. I started spotting at MAN in the late 60's, started work there with Dan-Air in 1972, moved around a bit and finally retired at ABZ in 2012. If there are questions about aircraft/services at ABZ I hope I can help. Cheers.

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:22 am

Mart1nCWils0n wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:05 pm
Good evening, my name is Martin, thankyou for admitting me to the group. I am definitely more of an oldie than a newbie. I started spotting at MAN in the late 60's, started work there with Dan-Air in 1972, moved around a bit and finally retired at ABZ in 2012. If there are questions about aircraft/services at ABZ I hope I can help. Cheers.
Hi Martin, welcome to the forum. :thumb:

Catryn spencer

Post by Catryn spencer » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:56 pm

Hello my name is catryn and I’ve been interested in aircraft since I was 15 and love it thank you for letting me join your web page.

Fullenglish

Post by Fullenglish » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:34 am

Welcome Catryn,

Yes its a fascinating hobby. Whereabouts in the UK do you live?
Phil
Ah. I'd like to have an argument, please. ... Receptionist: Well, It's one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a course of ten.

Tapdanceknifethrower

Post by Tapdanceknifethrower » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:09 pm

Hi

I live in Coventry so about 30 minutes from Birmingham and East Midlands, I also drop in on Wellesbourne when heading to Kemble but rarely to Coventry. As you might have seen I have added mini-logs and photographs for some of my 2023 trips so far. I will be at the Midland Air Festival and some of the late-night East Midlands events during the year which I hope shows I like taking pictures of anything that flies from Balloons and gliders to Airliners.

Regards
Craig

andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by andygolfer » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:28 pm

Tapdanceknifethrower wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:09 pm
Hi

I live in Coventry so about 30 minutes from Birmingham and East Midlands, I also drop in on Wellesbourne when heading to Kemble but rarely to Coventry. As you might have seen I have added mini-logs and photographs for some of my 2023 trips so far. I will be at the Midland Air Festival and some of the late-night East Midlands events during the year which I hope shows I like taking pictures of anything that flies from Balloons and gliders to Airliners.

Regards
Craig
welcome Craig and thanks for your contributions so far. I'm looking forward to more of your photos!
Andy
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

Return to “The Newbie Forum.”