Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

A couple of Cessna 208 Caravans.

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
EGNH1909
SPOTM winner

A couple of Cessna 208 Caravans.

Post by EGNH1909 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:40 pm

1. Was on a pleasure cruise on Loch Lomond, Scotland yesterday (9 Aug) taking photos of the scenery, when this Cessna 208 Caravan G-LAUD unexpectedly "taxied" past, preparing to take off.
ImageG-LAUD 1 by Peter Rowe, on Flickr

ImageG-LAUD 2 by Peter Rowe, on Flickr

Taking off across the loch (about a mile away-best cropped shot I could get with 18-55 lens I had with me).
ImageG-LAUD 3 by Peter Rowe, on Flickr

2. Second one is G-EELS Cessna 208B Grand Caravan, which was providing TV pictures for Sky TV from the Ricoh Womens Open golf tournament at Royal Lytham course, last weekend (4-5 Aug). (taken from my garden).
ImageG-EELS 1 by Peter Rowe, on Flickr

ImageG-EELS 2 by Peter Rowe, on Flickr

ImageG-EELS 3 by Peter Rowe, on Flickr

Thought they might be worth a quick peek.
Best Wishes
Pete

andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: A couple of Cessna 208 Caravans.

Post by andygolfer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:35 pm

very nice Pete and a very nice bonus for you on your trip

andy
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

mach one
POTM winner

Post by mach one » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:36 pm

some nice shots, i have not seen G-LAUD yet but as it is now on the Loch lomond sea planes fleet i am sure i will catch it on my next visit to Loch Lomond

also it is nice to see G-EELS again it was originally used to transport glass eels/Elvers around Europe but it soon turned into the Staverton passion wagon where for a mere £650.00 you could fly in G-EELS and join the mile high club, but the Mile High Flights were stopped after the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) withdrew its licence on safety grounds

I wonder if SKY were paying £650,00 an hour to use g-EELS as a camera ship for the Golf ?

EGNH1909
SPOTM winner

Post by EGNH1909 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:03 am

andygolfer wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:35 pm
very nice Pete and a very nice bonus for you on your trip

andy
Cheers Andy-yes it was a nice surprise and definitely a case of right time, right place and glad I had the camera with me! - Pete.
mach one wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:36 pm
some nice shots, i have not seen G-LAUD yet but as it is now on the Loch lomond sea planes fleet i am sure i will catch it on my next visit to Loch Lomond

also it is nice to see G-EELS again it was originally used to transport glass eels/Elvers around Europe but it soon turned into the Staverton passion wagon where for a mere £650.00 you could fly in G-EELS and join the mile high club, but the Mile High Flights were stopped after the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) withdrew its licence on safety grounds

I wonder if SKY were paying £650,00 an hour to use g-EELS as a camera ship for the Golf ?
Cheers "Mach One"-Interesting stuff re moving eels in 'EELS' and also the 'mile high' -I'll bet the pilot has some tales to tell (wonder how that one worked- would he have worn blindfold/ear defenders? - the mind boggles! - Pete.

Euan Buchan

Post by Euan Buchan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:11 am

Lovely spot for plane watching

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”