Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

RAF Plane In The Royal Mile

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
Euan Buchan

RAF Plane In The Royal Mile

Post by Euan Buchan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:59 am

Yesterday whilst having a drink outside a pub in The Royal Mile I noticed a helicopter flying up towards the castle I didn't take a photo as I didn't think much of it. Then later on I heard a onlooker say "that plane is very low" I looked and did see this plane flying quite low heading to the castle. It did occur to me that The Edinburgh Tattoo are having a RAF theme so could see more RAF planes flying down. Unfortunately I couldn't really make out what kind of plane it was but took these photos.

GCIJem

Re: RAF Plane In The Royal Mile

Post by GCIJem » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:23 am

Hi Euan, its an Airbus A400 Atlas :)
Pics taken as record shots only - no competition entries here :)

Euan Buchan

Post by Euan Buchan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:48 am

Thanks for that. I know some planes but forget some of the names. :lol:

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:00 am

Both were planned flypasts over the castle for the Tattoo, the helicopter was an RAF Puma.

More information regarding the other planned flypasts can be found on FighterControl, this is our sister forum that's dedicated to military aviation.

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”