Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

London City Airport, and one at Stansted 10/03/2018

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
james143611

London City Airport, and one at Stansted 10/03/2018

Post by james143611 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:10 am

Hello all,

This is mainly City photo's, I only have 1 shot to share from Stansted that I feel didn't really warrant a separate thread!

Both these visit's were recce runs. Me and my friend popped into Stansted on the way back from Lakenheath and Mildenhall on Friday 9th March. It was very cold, wet but we still went round to see what the viewing spot at Belmer Road was like.

Due to the fence, it looked like you had to walk further up to get approach shots over the fence. I know I'm hardcore and I'd have done it but it was a stop over and there wasn't much out of the ordinary coming in, but I reckon on a nice day it would be a great day out.

There wasn't much going on apart from a load of stuff in a holding pattern and nothing departing. Eventually stuff started to taxi and everything from the holding loops piled in. I stood out in the cold rain and waited for this TUI 737 D-ABMQ, ex-Berlin but still in their colours. This is more of a record shot if anything!

On the following day, Saturday 10th March, before heading home west, I spent the morning at London City Airport until shut down at 1230. Another reccy run as I've not been here before, and being a cloudy day I could pick various points to try.

I tried the spot at the Long Stay car park and was approached by a LCY security guy, who was actually really friendly and pointed out that on the other side you get great views of the apron. Credit also to one of the airport managers who helped to direct me on how to walk to the other side.

I've seen video's of planes landing/taking off, but it's something else being there in the flesh, some of those rotations are just ridiculous! A couple of Embraers took off like they were fighter jets! Mind you, the Hawker 800 CS-DRZ was just epic, didn't realise they are quite noisy for a biz jet, then it shot off down the run way and went up like it was an F-16, rotation to the clouds within 5 seconds, madness!

Anyway here's some pictures for now, I will add more on here soon. I am slowly going through my pictures. I enjoyed it so much I took pictures of everything :lol:

Eastern Airways G-CERY Saab 2000

Swiss HB-JBD Bombardier CS100

BA City G-LCYN Embraer ERJ-190

KLM Cityhopper PH-EZV Embraer ERJ-190

PH-EZV with a matching KLM boat :lol:

PGA Portugalia CS-TPS Embraer ERJ-190

Cityjet EI-RJU Avro RJ85

GlobeAir OE-FZB Cessna 510 Citation

NetJets CS-DRZ - Hawker 800XPi

C&C welcome!

More to come soon

Wrighty

Re: London City Airport, and one at Stansted 10/03/2018

Post by Wrighty » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:47 pm

Wonderful selection
All the best

Allan

http://wrightys.smugmug.com/

jonf45

Re: London City Airport, and one at Stansted 10/03/2018

Post by jonf45 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:51 pm

Lovely set, reminds me I need to get down there to get some of those cs series!

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”