Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

A FREEZING Amsterdam Schiphol - 06 arrivals 25-02-2018

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
james143611

A FREEZING Amsterdam Schiphol - 06 arrivals 25-02-2018

Post by james143611 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:08 am

The next day wasn't as windy, which shut off runway 09 departures, but was still very cold!!

Today was about going to the International Aviation Fair at the Van Der Valk hotel. Not been there before but looking it up on google maps it didn't look like it was far from anything on the glideslope for runway 06.

Got the free shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel, which was a bit of a mystery tour, and sure enough there was planes to see coming in on 06. Shame the aviation fair was on! :lol: It was actually quite a good fair, loads of Herpa stuff if that's your thing, but I picked up some bits like an Atlas Gobal bag, Atlas Global paper notes, Airbus neo mug, Transavia cap and some bag tags.

Then it was straight outside for some shots. You did have to mind the trees and lamposts, but you could see what was coming in from a distance as you could see them banking round, probably capturing the glideslope on the ILS.

I think serial cop of the day was Via Airways LZ-MDO. Needed that one and now I've cleared their fleet :thumbs:

ImageEtihad A6-DDD - Boeing B777F by James Underwood, on Flickr

ImageQatar A7-BAU - Boeing B777-300 by James Underwood, on Flickr

ImageFlybe G-ECOI - Dash 8 Q400 by James Underwood, on Flickr

ImageKLM PH-BQN - Boeing B777-200 by James Underwood, on Flickr

ImageAer Lingus EI-DEI - Airbus A320 by James Underwood, on Flickr

ImageEmirates A6-EOZ - Airbus A380 by James Underwood, on Flickr

ImageJordanian JY-AYP - Airbus A319 by James Underwood, on Flickr

ImageVia Airways LZ-MDO - Airbus A320 by James Underwood, on Flickr

ImageSkyWork HB-IYA - Saab 2000 by James Underwood, on Flickr

ImageKLM PH-BHN - Boeing B787 by James Underwood, on Flickr

ImageNorwegian Air International EI-FHM by James Underwood, on Flickr

ImageKorean HL8076 - Boeing B777F by James Underwood, on Flickr

ImagePGA CS-TPW - Embraer 190 by James Underwood, on Flickr

ImageKLM PH-BHC - Boeing B787 by James Underwood, on Flickr

ImageKLM PH-CKA - Boeing B747-400F by James Underwood, on Flickr

ImageKLM PH-BVI - Boeing B777-300 by James Underwood, on Flickr

ImageSmall Planet SP-HAZ - Airbus A321 by James Underwood, on Flickr

Any C&C is most welcome however harsh it is, but I will point out I am aware some of them aren't pin sharp, I had to use manual focus on some of the smaller planes as AF wouldn't pick them up, so I had to get the knack of using MF as I haven't used it that much!

Thanks for looking!

James.

Martin

Re: A FREEZING Amsterdam Schiphol - 06 arrivals 25-02-2018

Post by Martin » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:24 pm

It's a shame the Air Via/Via Airways hasn't got any colour on it, it's certainly an airline that isn't seen in the UK very often anymore (I can remember their Tu154s being regular visitors to Birmingham).

Martin

james143611

Post by james143611 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:21 am

Martin wrote:It's a shame the Air Via/Via Airways hasn't got any colour on it, it's certainly an airline that isn't seen in the UK very often anymore (I can remember their Tu154s being regular visitors to Birmingham).

Martin
Yes it is a bit dull! But I assume they are related?

It looks like Air Via packed up in 2016, but in 2017 Via Airways started up and just runs this A320, but then I can see why it isn't as colourful as they lease it out to european operators, at the time of the picture LZ-MDO was working a Small Planet flight, and now appears to be doing some Aviro Air work.

andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by andygolfer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:37 am

you really are a hardy soul, aren't you James! standing out in all this cold weather.

Well worth it though, some nice light and nice subjects so well done. Shame about the focussing but they still look pretty good to me
thanks for posting
Andy
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

Jonathan Gallagher

Post by Jonathan Gallagher » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:51 am

Greats set of phots
I do really need to get back to the Dam soon as its been over 2 years since my last visit :o

Jonny

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”