Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

LN-WFO Wideroe Stavanger to Norwich !

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
keithnewsome
POTM & SPOTM winner

LN-WFO Wideroe Stavanger to Norwich !

Post by keithnewsome » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:55 pm

On a very changeable day we were blessed with a little sunshine for the arrival of this Dash-8 seemingly on an unusual mission ! This morning it flew from Oslo to Stavanger to Norwich, here it collected a large party, taking them for a trip around an offshore wind farm ? which I am told is 'going online' today ... I have briefly looked into the local press and can find no mention of this although I was told it was mentioned on local TV this morning ... Why an aircraft from Norway ?
Not too many question marks in there I hope :P

Keith ;)

LN-WFO.

LN-WFO.

FlyingAnts

Re: LN-WFO Wideroe Stavanger to Norwich !

Post by FlyingAnts » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:55 pm

Evening Keith ,

You are correct , it was here for the wind farm , you ask "why the Norwegian aircraft?" The wind farm is owned by three companies, two of which are Norwegian so that would explain that. The Aircraft was full of press and dignitaries including our local news teams.

Hope this is of some help and answers your question

Regards

Matt

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”