Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Southend 14-10-2012

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Southend 14-10-2012

Post by andygolfer » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:24 pm

I visited a relative at Southend on Friday afternoon and spent an hour or so at the airport beforehand, I started off on the raised footpath that runs alongside the south side of the runway extension but only this EasyJet A319 departed (G-EZGN)

Then I went round to the north side to see what was around and these are a selection of the aircraft there, Plenty of BAe146 /RJs but they did tend to get in one another’s way as they were parked close together unfortunately :

This one, G-CHFR was a bit (very) into sun to try to avoid clutter

GCHFR’s wing got in the way here – see what I mean about being close to one another? Reg speaks for itself!

These next 2 were on the outside of the pack so managed to get cleaner pics although not the best of angles, again the regs. are self explanatory

I-CLBA, once again a bit of wing intruding into the pic…..

Not a 10 engined version but 3 in a row, the front one was G-OFMC but couldn’t see the others’ i.d.s from my vantage point

2 flightline examples G-FLTC & F

Final one of the 146’s - G-OZRH has all but one engines removed at present

Now some 748’s:
No i.d. necessary…..

A couple of N748D, nose only in the first one :

And Janes Aviation’s G-AYIM currently with one engine removed

Now getting smaller still, some of the Ce.550 series , again the regs visible make no further introductions necessary for most of the pics

G-DWJM looks to be well and truly grounded , there’s another tail-less one behind which had no visible i.d (judging by thwe others the reg is on the removed tail), the tail of G-CGOA is also visible for number crunchers amongst you

And finally one of the JOTA Aviation Be.90s

I’ve put these all in one topic as per the revised forum rules, trust that’s okay.
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

DeltaCharlieKilo
POTM winner

Re: Southend 14-10-2012

Post by DeltaCharlieKilo » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:01 am

Very nice set Andy. First one for me. :thumbs:
Regards,

Laurie.

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”