Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Skiathos Water Cannon Salute

A place to post your footage covering all areas of civilian aviation
FlyingColours

Skiathos Water Cannon Salute

Post by FlyingColours » Sun May 20, 2018 9:09 pm

I've just got back from a holiday to Skiathos and just like last year happened to be on the first flight (this time I'd planned it especially) and once again recieved a water cannon salute to welcome the first charter flight of the year. I filmed the landing and subsequent shower and stuck it on my YT channel, video available below :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxcKXDkUgQ

Phil
FlyingColours

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Skiathos Water Cannon Salute

Post by Mike » Mon May 21, 2018 3:51 pm

Nice video Phil, doesn't Skiathos have a security fence around it? I can't see one on the backtrack after landing, or does it have a crocodile/alligator/piranha infested moat around it instead? :D

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

FlyingColours

Re: Skiathos Water Cannon Salute

Post by FlyingColours » Mon May 21, 2018 5:41 pm

Thanks Mike,

There is a standard security fence along the perimeter however at the end of the runway it's replaced by coils of razor wire hidden in the long grass and a well hidden moat - well a trench full of weeds and quite possibly alligators ;) Having eyed it up myself I reckon it would take a good 3-5 minutes to get onto the runway assuming there are no extra "features" hidden in the long grass...

There are that many spotters there that anyone trying anything cute would be dealt with quickly, that and the tower are always watching.

Phil
FlyingColours

Return to “Aviation in Motion”