Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

NOT Paris again

Terry

NOT Paris again

Post by Terry » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:06 pm

No this time it was Zurich :lol:
I had to deliver 3 carpets to a certain 'Ladies(sic)underwear' shop in central Zurich for 18.00 Monday, so I decided to set off a bit early & visit a few airfeilds.
I was trundling through Belgium & a whim took me across into Luxembourg to THE Luxembourgoise airfield I had not visited i.e. Wiltz. (this is assuming there are no more than the 3 that I know of). After an hours fruitless searching I found someone who told me where it was, at Noertrange, I battled up the mountain to the grassy summit to find 1 (yes 1) Cessna LX PCW ( you'll have to take my word for it :lol: )

Next was Useldange, I had been before in '93, so I expected a bit of growth !
It was not to be , nice new hangar but not what you call expanded !

Is this a 'hang glider ? :lol:

Useldange 3.10.10

LX CMN , D KNEE , LX CRJ , LX CCF , D5270 , LX CPG , LX CVN. 3 seen on the previous visit LX CAM , LX CAC and LX CLV

From there Nancy beckoned, there is a glider field north of the 'normal' airfield Essey, that I had failed to find before. It took some finding but eventually it was spotted on the 'Plateau de Mazieres' ,16.30 on a sunny Sunday & it was deserted ! !

This is Essey on the way down from the plateau.

Faired a little better
F GECL , F GLXZ , F GUAB , N272SR , F BPRM , F BSVT , F GKBJ , F GGQA , F GGQB , F BMRL , and F PSMR

I then headed straight for my intended crossing place Rheinfelden, I knew they opened at 07.00 and wanted to be early (ish) as I anticipated problems clearing Swiss customs. Needless to say I was correct & eventually crossed at 13.30.
So I headed to Zurich for a couple of hours spotting. I went straight to Signatures car park and logged for about 15 mins,
HB ZUV , HB HEH , HB VNW , VP CFP , D IRKF , VP CAD , HB VNN , HB LIN , HB CLY , N98X , LZ PVV , HB JEB.
From there I went round to the 'Heliport Grill'
HB JEG , CS TTI , HB LEL , HB IAU , HB CYL , 9A CGA ? , PH EZG , S5 AAP , N727DL , HB IZH , A6 ECV , HB AEU , D ABGA , A7 ACI , HB IXO , HB IPY

HB IYP , HB IYR , HB IYT , HB IYG , HB IPS , HB ION , HB IJB , HB IPR , D AGPK , HB IJR , HB IJV , HB JVF , HB IOC , OE LBP , HB IPU , HB IXF , HB JVH , HB JVE , HB ZBB , HB IJE , OE LIR , 9H AEO , HB IOK , HB IPN , HB IPT , D ABBK , HB ZHK , HB ZKQ , HB ZHD , HB XUW , HB JOB , VQ BFN , HB JEQ and HB IQZ

Then this took off and turned right (left actually :) ) over my head.

I then went into town delivered the carpets then set off for a hotel in France (cheaper than in Switzerland). Got to my favourite Campanile to find they had updated (some of it) and started selling 'designer' food which I hate. Then to beer & bed.
Started back about 09.00 Tuesday couldn't resist a quick visit to Metz/Nancy regional for F GLNE and FGLNH, wish I hadn't bothered !

In my travels I find some

There is a W at the start ! Then I guess Irish tellers of untruths :lol:

Wouldn't have thought they advertised :)

Finally where Napoleon met his.....

Have fun
Terry
I got a little black book with me poems in

norwichmike
POTM & SPOTM winner

Re: NOT Paris again

Post by norwichmike » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:21 pm

Another superb report! Wish I could have a job like yours, or just join you for a delivery :lol:

ATB, Mike
Mike B

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:22 pm

Yet another fantastic trip report,thanks very much Terry. :D :D

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Terry

Post by Terry » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:53 pm

Gentlemen
Please be aware these are the highlights !Setting off for Switzerland knowing full well the agent had NOT given me the correct paperwork and having to run around like a headless chicken between Swiss customs/German customs,then being asked to pay cash (never happened before) having to PAY (44 SFR) to go back into Germany to get Euros, only to be told the agent could accept them but Swiss customs wouldn't ! so back change them for for Swiss Francs. This being after the Swiss importer refused to pay the duty. It was a f***ing nightmare.

Have fun
Terry
I got a little black book with me poems in

The Cameraman
SPOTM winner

Post by The Cameraman » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:04 am

Hi Terry,

looks like the logistics bit was somewhat of a nightmare!

Still, keep up the good work.

Regards

Reggie

Return to “Switzerland”