Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

And to complete the Hat trick - LeBourget

Unknown35

And to complete the Hat trick - LeBourget

Post by Unknown35 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:23 pm

In the Year gap when Le Bourget isn't being crowded by Trade Salespersons and General Public apart from The Aircraft Museum what is spotting like at LeBourget are you able to see anything of the Aircraft Movements if any when your visiting the Museum. What's the Museum like? Is there a Website in ENGLISH? Only ever saw it during the Paris Airshow but would be interested to know what the Museum is actually normally like? if I ever go back to Paris for a Holiday.

Terry

Re: And to complete the Hat trick - LeBourget

Post by Terry » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:49 am

Hi
I have only ever driven to le Bourget, have no idea how you would get there on public transport. To your questions !
Can you see much, yes you can get to see just about everything on the field , there are loads of places you can see across/onto the apron from.
Falcon maintainence is there up by the Kyriad hotel. In total I would estimate you will see 100+ most of which will be bizjets, if you go on a weekend you will probably see more.
The museum is FANTASTIC, there are probably in excess of 75 aircraft on display in there, almost all originals (not replicas). It is without doubt among the top aviation museums in the world. Most of it is enclosed , with a large-ish area out on the apron, but seeing any movements is unlikely, its surrounded by obstacles. It is a MUST VISIT museum. If you go to the website via Google , you have the option of having the page translated !
Have fun
Terry
I got a little black book with me poems in

Return to “France”