Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Paris again

Terry

Paris again

Post by Terry » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:58 pm

Had another delivery to Paris, this time Bill came too ,so we did a 'usual' i.e. left at disgusting o'clock drove till it was light and stopped at the first airfield after that, which was Beauvais, 4 737's on the ground N267AN, EI DLL, EI DWI and LZ WZA, plus a local Cessna F BTUB, Rallye F BMVI derelict I surmise finally a Magister with just 438 thereon.
Next came Persan Beaumont, where cheeky Bill asked if we could go round and they said fine ! About 65, but quite a few hang gliders, a couple of ancient Stampes a few autogyros and several microlites some carrying F-J and some with the normal 'department & initials', dunno how they differentiate.

Then on to do the delivery, which turned out to be at the end of the runway at Orly & they were at lunch so we did an hour's spotting, logged about 30.
Then the long SLOW trudge round Peripherique towards Le Bourget with a sidestop at Issy, they have finished the building of the DGAC HQ (AT BL**DY LONG LAST), F HJPC , F GTGM , F GVAF , F GTVE , F HEAD , F GYRJ , F GHPH , F GRLB , F GXRI and F GCFQ, about 15.30 on 16th.

Next 'can't pass' Le Bourget. About 110 a/c highlights SX MLA , UR CCF , YK ASA , 4K AZ888 , A9C BXG , D IZZY which has been eluding me for many a moon,and Bill found TJ AGH a wreck (seen from the Dugny side !)

We then sauntered up to the Fedex hangar at CDG where 2 MD 11's were N575FE and N598FE, along with F GVJA & F GNIG taxing trom the active.
As time was getting on we then went straight to Clergy Pontoise ( which I knew as Cormieulles en Vexin when I were a lad).Its a large airfield very spread out & we couldn't get on because of a height restrictor on the gate, so we logged 29 from the road.

Then it was head for home, getting in completely knackered at about 12.30
I got a little black book with me poems in

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Paris again

Post by Mike » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:04 pm

Another interesting trip log,thanks Terry. :thumb:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Charles022
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by Charles022 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:44 pm

Can the Fedex MD11s be photographed from the cargo area at Paris?
Cheers,

Charles

My new site http://www.reaperphotography.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Take a look!

Terry

Post by Terry » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:12 pm

Hi Charles
Sorry I don't know, funnily I have never been to CDG, I just read the Fedex's off from the D317 road, as I go past !
If you go to do the same, you will need a step ladder or somesuch. There is a fine mesh fence that you have to be able to see over & you wont from a car I am usually in the Transit, consequently higher & I still have to stretch up to read the reg's so to photo the whole plane you'll need to be even higher.
Sorry
Terry
I got a little black book with me poems in

Return to “France”